awesum

Post threads here related to server bans. If you want to contest a ban, place it here; if you as a moderator ban someone, create a thread here.
Doozy

awesum

Post by Doozy »

Banned from temp map for repeatedly creating hostile chat atmosphere, bitching about "immature ops", ignoring warnings to clean up his act, calling other players names, worst example being "faggot" first night of temp map.
TacoDogSheep

Re: awesum

Post by TacoDogSheep »

I caught a bit of the bitching and yeah... It was pretty bad lol.
/dial tristar
IronManiac77

Post by IronManiac77 »

Adorable that people think they can get away with things on the temp map.
AwEsUm

Post by AwEsUm »

I would like this ban to be appealed. I apologize for my immature chat behavior. The griefers and other players that came on made me lose my cool, me using such derogatory comments on them was for their behavior with griefing, stealing, etc. I feel they griefers should've been handled even in the slightest bit when I started bitching about the griefer, instead of just being told to "deal with it."

My chatting will be cleaner.

The reason I was speaking so harshly was because a player griefed the area I was resorted in, and stole a multitude of items collected by a friend of mine the day prior. Includes a chest full of food items, some minerals and diamond pickaxe. When I got griefed, I asked for action to be taken by Doozie, and he told me to deal with it, which ignited my rude behavior furthermore. I I was bitching about no action being taken, and I was infuriated with the users (unknown) that griefed me.

And Iron, if you understood what incited my behavior, you'd remove that comment you just made. That was not appropriate.
Castle in the SkyThe Great Tree
Zaneo

Post by Zaneo »

After reviewing the logs, and gathering a bit of information I feel that the situation wasn't handled as well as it could have been. As Awesum is a returning player they may not have been as privy to our lighter take on moderating during temporary maps, sometimes allowing player who generally follow rigid rules to "have some fun". While it is still their responsibility to obtain this information, as I understand it we didn't yet have it available. Moving on to the actual events. The moderator team was acting within their expected responsibilities, as moderation during time of plugin failure(or lack of plugins) is both impractical and to be blunt not worth it(as the map will reset shortly). The only fault that could be found with the moderating team is that may not have properly provided the correct channels(the forums) for voicing complaints or suggestions. One of the only things the moderators can ensure is that the chat remains clean during the temp map period, which they exercised their responsibility as shown.

In summary though, I disagree that the ban should extend for the entire temp map period, as while annoying the acts committed by Awesum were not particularly harmful. I would remind Awesum though that we don't tolerate prejudice comments, or the continuation inappropriately using words. Additionally getting in a fight with a moderator or admin will never get you what you want, take it offline so it doesn't become a power struggle.

I'm going to hold off on unbanning, to allow other moderators and admins to comment if they so choose.
"That line you read, of course is mine, however, read so badly, it sounds like yours" -- Roman Noble
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

I will just add that we've been warning him about his "I own the chat and will say whatever I like" attitude pretty much since he rejoined the server. I understand returning players often think the rules don't apply to them, but verbally attacking people just isn't cool, internet or not. If you've read the logs, then you know I tried to explain that we have no way of dealing with griefers on temp map.
AwEsUm

Post by AwEsUm »

Doozy wrote:I will just add that we've been warning him about his "I own the chat and will say whatever I like" attitude pretty much since he rejoined the server. I understand returning players often think the rules don't apply to them, but verbally attacking people just isn't cool, internet or not. If you've read the logs, then you know I tried to explain that we have no way of dealing with griefers on temp map.
I do not act like I own the chat. You cannot assume I think like this. I verbally attacked the people who were breaking the rules themselves, because no action was being done, and it got me infuriated.
Castle in the SkyThe Great Tree
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

I think we should unban him, BUT the slightest mistake will be ban. That's fair in my opinion.
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
rbos

Post by rbos »

After consideration, let's have it be a day or two tempban. Odds are the regular map will be up by then.

Willing to be talked out of it obviously.
IronManiac77

Post by IronManiac77 »

I agree with rbos. I'd even be open to unbanning earlier just based on it being griefing anger, it does happen and its infuriating.

But AwEsUm, you've been warned by Doozie many times before the temp-map to watch how you speak in chat. I've been present for many of those times. And you have seemed to ignore them. You also gave people the impression that the mods were conspiring to ban you. We don't conspire, we ban. If we make a mistake doing so, we apologize and make up for it. We just go by what we observe. So I don't blame Doozie for pulling the trigger.

In conclusion, let's start keeping it clean.