Banned for life?

Post threads here related to server bans. If you want to contest a ban, place it here; if you as a moderator ban someone, create a thread here.
hobbescalvin

Banned for life?

Post by hobbescalvin »

I would like to know why I am banned for life and would like to appeal to be unbanned.
TacoDogSheep

Re: Banned for life?

Post by TacoDogSheep »

You made an 'effin Swastika in creative.
/dial tristar
hobbescalvin

Post by hobbescalvin »

Well it's not something that I would normally make, but I was flying around and I saw one by uncle_paul and thought it was cool and I wanted to make one.
hobbescalvin

Post by hobbescalvin »

And for your information, the symbol was STRAIGHT. Straight swastikas are religious Hindu symbols. I made sure not to tilt it at all. Now that would be worthy of a ban.
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

Funny how you used the red black and white, as seen on the arm bands used by Nazis. It doesn't matter if it 45 degrees off, people still think of it as anti-semantic and hateful. And looks like you forgot those dots for the Hindu symbol. Plus, why would you think it would be cool to make a Swastika, a very famous symbol taken and manipulated by the Nazis to instill fear into people, please I would love you to explain that.
/dial tristar
hobbescalvin

Post by hobbescalvin »

I forgot about the dots. And I am sorry for anyone that got the wrong message. It was not intended for it to resemble Nazi's.
rbos

Post by rbos »

Believe me, I have heard the "lol, indian symbol, not swastika" bullshit before, and I don't really care. We're not in a culture for which the swastika is a peaceful symbol, and any use of it is going to be treated as the white supremacist symbol. Pure trolling. Don't do it.

An apology would be nice..
hobbescalvin

Post by hobbescalvin »

I am sincerely sorry for what I did and it will not happen again.
rbos

Post by rbos »

Okay, thanks.