UK and the EU?

For all things unrelated to minecraft.
Gubble1234

UK and the EU?

Post by Gubble1234 »

I have been reading a few articles recently about how the House of Commons debate regarding Britains continued presence within the EU has been brought forward to Monday, right before the PM goes to Australia for the Commonwealth meeting. I personally think we should withdraw from it, effective immediately! We have a great commonwealth that we can trade with, and I know that there are some people on here that are in the British Commonwealth of Nations too! :P

But I just thought I would ask other Brits their opinion, or maybe people from other parts of the EU too, if they think their countries should withdraw?
(Feel free to give your opinions of the EU too if youre from anywhere else!)
MrEpiclegendzz

Re: UK and the EU?

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

I think greece should be removed from the EU, and pay back ALL the money. And if something like what happened to greece happens to an other country I hope they won't fuck up as much as they did with greece...

I think no one should leave the EU, because that would cause the EU to collapse, and start even a bigger crisis. In the netherlands , we were dumb enough to take the euro as money, so we are pretty much fucked if the EU collapses..
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
Gubble1234

Post by Gubble1234 »

Well, not neccesarilly! If Britain, France, Germany and the Netherlands all left at the same time, then neither of us would be very worse off in my opinion! It would just cause the rest of the EU to collapse instead! :D

Infact, I was reading the other day about someone in the House of Lords that has offered a reward of £250000 to come up with a suitable way for Britain to withdraw from the EU! I hope we do withdraw like... All the economies that stayed out have done Brilliantly! (Switzerland etc...)
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

Well, we don't have anything else.. we only have the euro.. so.. I don't know if we can get the Gulden back but I hope not, because that thing was soo damn worthless...
Gubble1234

Post by Gubble1234 »

Well, you can have another currency that isnt as worthless, but it would depend on inflation and all that lot... Anything is better than the Euro though, you have to admit! I dont know who came up with the idea of a one currency for many nations, but it wasnt really great :/
Zacky

Post by Zacky »

The gulden is so much cooler than the euro. Too bad we can't throw Greece out for some political reasons..
Fuck yea Rijksdaalder. Fuck yea.
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

Gubble1234 wrote:Well, you can have another currency that isnt as worthless, but it would depend on inflation and all that lot... Anything is better than the Euro though, you have to admit! I dont know who came up with the idea of a one currency for many nations, but it wasnt really great :/
I think it was a good idea, because if you travel a lot, you don't have to keep changing currency. And changing currency cost money... so I think it was a good idea.
Gubble1234

Post by Gubble1234 »

More bad news for the EU... Greece is going to hold a refarendum as to if they want the EU bailout... If they vote no, thats Europe fucked for a long while!