Guild Wars 2

For all things unrelated to minecraft.
Devov

Guild Wars 2

Post by Devov »

Heyo all. I don't know if any of you are interested in this game. Just stopping in to let you know I'll be rolling on Yak's Bend. It is the guildwars2guru hub, has been in the top 5 for population, and has been performing well in WvWvW. Choice was that or Darkhaven (Reddit, Massively, Gamebreaker) and I decided I didn't want to play with a bunch of vain, attention seeking, spam machines.

As far as the game goes, I can't give it enough praise. It is a one time $60 expenditure, I've played during the 3 beta weekends, I feel like I've barely scratched the surface, AND I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth. Planning on semi-casually leveling, focusing on exploration, jump puzzles, and dungeons with friends. Eventually I'll be goofing around in WvW and PvP. Focus on fun, not on a grind.

http://imgur.com/a/n1JFn
Screenshots from second beta weekend event, must view in full resolution. I got knocked on my ass by that trebuchet when I ran to the edge of that cliff to take screens :D I didn't even know they could fire! That one way in the background that is grayed out is still visible and still moves! They do this weird watercolor effect on models extremely far away, it is really pretty, especially in the major cities.
TacoDogSheep

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by TacoDogSheep »

It does seem like a cool game. I was maybe thinking of buying it when it comes out of beta. I need the money though so the time may come :L
/dial tristar
Zaneo

Post by Zaneo »

I enjoyed the first guild wars, but I'm not particularly interested in the new direction the game has taken.
"That line you read, of course is mine, however, read so badly, it sounds like yours" -- Roman Noble
Devov

Post by Devov »

Update
Going to be rolling on Dragonbrand. Have about 30 or so people between RL friends and people from old games.