"Gravel" - A Python project.

For all things unrelated to minecraft.

"Gravel" - A Python project.

Postby Chris72 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:05 am

Last sunday (I think), I started to figure out the many options and functions of Python.
I decided to team up with an internet-friend of mine (named "emilnes"), to make a functionally program, that was Minecraft-related.
It actually started as a "botting-software", to for example "hithack" other players. Hence the name "Gravel", as in "everyone" hates the endless falling gravel blocks on Minecraft.
Though, after some discussions, we figured making a so called "hacking-software" would be bad, aming on all the players using them, and how it could get us (as authors), bailed (In some way or another. We had massive plans for it).

Anyway, back on-topic.
It has been a few days since we started to code the console-ish program. Many of our plans did not get realized, but a bigger part of them did.
So far, we've gotten a fairly big list of the functions.
Some of them are, as following:

[*]A web-based update menu, where you can see what is new in the version that you use, or what we, as authors, plan to do (Also shows which author wrote what).
[*]A login-system, that uses your Minecraft username and password, via login.minecraft.net (Should be just fine, as in we don't log any of the logins.)
[*]Skin-stealer, for the nasty ones. (Described as "nasty", because I don't really like the idea of stealing skins (but wanted it anyways))
[*]Minecraft Server-pinger - No, it's not DDoS, but a simply ping-engine that checks if the server is on or off. It also shows the amount of players online. (Without IP-logs)
[*]Premium account information. This one simply just shows if you either have a premium or a non-premium account. Not really necessary.
[*]Configurable config-file (;o). Where you can set your settings to "False" or "True".
[*]Self-coded colour-system (Kind of self-coded. Coded in, from the basic command prompt)

We're adding new things as the days are going.

Currently, we have 42.82 U.S. dollars (or 150NOK) in our budget - all donated, for that matter.
These will be used for our own domain, and most likely other necessary sercvices.

Currently, we're "living" on a blog, where everything currently is on Norwegian.
And yes, the program itself is currently written (the "print"s and such) in Norwegian.

Here's my Todo-list:
[*]Translating the program to other languages, including English, Danish, Swedish and maybe French.
[*]Fixing donator-perks (Extra functions, faster experience etc.).
[*]Adding a better user interface.
[*]Fresh up the code - do the dishes.
[*]"Advertising" it legally on other websites, forums etc.
[*]Get some beta-testers.

At the end, here's a picture! (Showing the automatically updated front-page)
Norwegian might sound rubberish, but we'll fix the translations later, as mentioned earlier.

If you have any suggestions to the program or the code, please respond with a command.

Also, not sure if this is breaking any rules of the forum. But, I thought it'd be nice with a new discussion.
If wanted, I guess I could translate it in the upcoming hours. We're just moving up to the old statement, that the code comes first - then the details.
I'm new with Python, so, do not complain if anything on here is.. bad?

Code: Select all
import time as tid

print "Have a nicelicious day!"
tid.sleep(5)

I
I once had an owl. Now I have a dog.
img]http://i.imgur.com/GMC6p.png[/img it's gone
Chris72

Re: "Gravel" - A Python project.

Postby Max310310 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Wow, just... Wow!
Max310310

Postby dragslayar » Sat May 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Nice, I hope it goes well for you! If i wasn't broke I'd donate to you.
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
dragslayar

Postby rbos » Mon May 27, 2013 8:02 am

I can't do money, but I can do domain hosting and storage for you. I have a static IP and some experience hosting web sites. Could give you a blahblah.novylen.net address if you don't want to spend money on a domain too. Send me an email if you're interested.
rbos

Postby weresdrim » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:39 am

Hmm... Coding = Free rbos hosting... Interesting...
weresdrim

Postby Doozy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:10 am

More like Legit Nerding = Rbos Interest.
Doozy

Return to Off Topic