Cyrus's Pokémon Y Nuzlocke Challenge!

For all things unrelated to minecraft.
Cyrus

Cyrus's Pokémon Y Nuzlocke Challenge!

Post by Cyrus »

Welcome to Cyrus's Pokémon Y Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

In this thread, I will tell the tale of my journey through the Kalos region under the rules of a Nuzlocke! If you are unaware as to what a Nuzlocke is, there is a description of it here!

Here is the rule set I will be playing with.

• Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.
  • The player must nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
  • A black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
  • Voluntarily resetting and reloading the game when things go wrong is a no-go. Being able to do so would render all of the other rules pointless.
  • Starter Pokémon is based off the player's Trainer ID number. If the last number is 1-3 the player starts with a Grass type, 4-6 is Fire type, 7-9 is Water type, 0 is the player's choice.
  • Species/Dupes Clause: If the player encounters a pokemon in the same evolutionary line as one they already own, it does not count as a first encounter.
  • As this is my first Nuzlocke, I will have the battle mode to allow switching. If I feel this is too easy, I may turn it to Set later on.
  • No catching/using Legendary Pokémon.
  • If I run into a shiny Pokémon, I am going to be catching it and using it, regardless on if it is the first encounter or not.. If it faints, I will send it to Pokemon Bank as opposed to releasing it.
  • No leveling up my Pokémon higher than the next gym leader's strongest Pokémon. This is a soft rule; if a Pokémon goes a level or two higher, it's no huge deal. I will aim to have my Pokémon even with the gym leader's, however.
  • The EXP. Share will not be used whatsoever.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to post very many screen shots. However, I will update as to the status of my Pokémon journey, and post screenshots as I can!

I hope you enjoy my adventure!
...The flowing time... The expanding space... I will make it all mine one day... Cyrus is my name. Remember it...
Cyrus

Re: Cyrus's Pokémon Y Nuzlocke Challenge!

Post by Cyrus »

Entry One: My Starter Pokémon!

From a vote on strawpoll I made, the results come in that my character shall be a girl. My name is Cyrus. Yes, yes, normal start of Pokémon adventure stuffs.

Time to check my Trainer ID. It ends in 7! Per the rules, this means water type starter. Time to head to Aquacorde!

Nickname? Oh boy... Time to ask the IRC.

#twitchplayspokemon replys with "name her Miley!" I don't know what I was expecting.

Froakie obtained, along with a letter I need to give my mom. Once again, as per #twitchplayspokemon's request, I have named my Froakie "Lord Diamond". Welcome to the team, Diamond! Time to head back to home and get on with the story... Oh man, rival battle! I forgot about that! Let's go, Shauna!

Shauna has Fennekin. This is a standard first rival battle, nothing big here. I have Bubble, so that makes this even easier.

Now that that's done, off to home!
...The flowing time... The expanding space... I will make it all mine one day... Cyrus is my name. Remember it...