Farmer's Market

For all community projects (towns, collaborations)
Cyrus

Farmer's Market

Post by Cyrus »

I am planning a project similar to a farmer's market. It will be nearish to 9thspawn, and will be a more sorted out alternative to the mall. I hear some people complain about the mall being confusing, and then there's the common complaint about the mall being laggy. This farmer's market will be outside and more spread out, hopefully helping to alleviate the lag issues a small bit.

However, this will have one small catch. Stores must be specialty stores. For example, we will have "The Floran Florist", "Rainbow's Logging Company", "Wilson's Iron Depository", "Hapan's Diamond Shop", etc. This will hopefully help people find what they are looking for. I'm thinking we'll have 3-6 slots open for each area of business. This gives plenty of room for competition within each area of market.

As owner of this project, I think I'll also instate a rule. No buying out another shop's stock for your own profit. ie. what Hapan does with all diamond shops. Sorry Hapan, no monopoly for you this time around.

This is still heavily in ideas phase. As soon as I receive a replacement for my fried computer, however, I will start looking around spawn for a suitable spot.

A builder team must be assembled. I am taking applications.
Last edited by Cyrus on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...The flowing time... The expanding space... I will make it all mine one day... Cyrus is my name. Remember it...
lordoffire

Re: Farmer's Market

Post by lordoffire »

Sounds awesome! :D :D
LORDOFFIRE10!
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Just realized I typed "friend" instead of "fried". Whoops.

Anyways, replacement computer is here. Will start planning the project shortly.
...The flowing time... The expanding space... I will make it all mine one day... Cyrus is my name. Remember it...
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Area is decided upon. We are planning the area. /dial fm
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Layout of the market is complete. Construction on the roads has begun.
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

A very worthy goal, I shall log in and stalk you now that I have returned to the land of internet. Good luck enforcing the no buy outs rule :P
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Doozy wrote:A very worthy goal, I shall log in and stalk you now that I have returned to the land of internet. Good luck enforcing the no buy outs rule :P
I plan to kick anyone out who attempts to do so, if they are caught. Harsh, I know, but it's good incentive.

Doesn't really do much if they don't have a shop there, but I'm hoping this place will become enough of a thing to impact them somewhat.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Roads are basically complete. A few are missing, and some need touching up, but those are easily fixed. Light sources will be put down soon enough, and then we will begin the layout of the shop regions.
dragslayar

Post by dragslayar »

If you need any redstoning done, just give me a shout.
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

Long Live the Redstone Wizard!