Silly Jack..

General minecraft-related chat.
Epacity

Silly Jack..

Post by Epacity »

I'm not trying to troll the admin "jacksowhat" or anything but..:

Jack's town near 7'thspawn has become quite a popular place to buy things. Rare items (I'm talking hard to make and harder to find than diamond) such as slime balls, cookies, and cake are selling for such a cheap price of 3-6 coins. Now Jack spawns these items.

--

Think about it.
People are getting expensive resources at low costs because Jack has an infinite supply of them. I want to look at cake and think that they paid 15+ coins or actually made it. I want to look at red-stone automated farms using sticky pistons for the melons and pumpkins, and think about the effort that went into it. The mines in the /dial "asgardmines" will soon be running a slime-pit (Legit) business where people pay coins to stay in the pits and kill slimes. (I have nothing to do with that town, so don't even think I am trying to get that money) No one will go anywhere near those pits of they can just /spawn and right click a shop sign, only to lose 5 coins. Now please, Jack, at least do the valuables in your shop in a legit manner. Resources are already too common.

In 1.9 slime balls will have a crucial use for Enchantments
rbos

Re: Silly Jack..

Post by rbos »

As long as he isn't refilling the chests, I think it's fine to inject a one-time supply in. The only problem comes in if they're admin shops with an infinite supply.

If they're not being refilled with spawned items, then people can sell to them as well to keep up the supply. My impression is that he hasn't been adding to the chests, but players have been selling to them.