Charge fee for entering?

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
weresdrim

Charge fee for entering?

Post by weresdrim »

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/rpg-me ... -953.8677/ <-----
This is a plugin which charges a fee (of items or money) to enter an area. I would personally like this on novylen because I am now making a redstone tutorial. I guess I could make a locked door, then give player the password for money whenever they and I am on but that seems highly impratical. You can use this to only allow players in to a certain area if they are willing to pay. For my redstone tutorial I don't want to be giving free knowledge so could we have this, if not some other plugin similar? I'd give this to only mods as people could just make areas that charge people.
MrEpiclegendzz

Re: Charge fee for entering?

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

Yea, I can see people abuse this, so I don't like it from regular players, for mods+ it should be fine. (maybe also for members)
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

We would have to be very careful that there was extremely clear notice of the charge, otherwise we'll have kids wandering through and then crying cause they "didn't know".
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

Yeah thats why mods would first have to check if there is sufficient warning of the incoming area or we will have ^
If the people don't take the warning then bad luck.
EpicSquirrel007

Post by EpicSquirrel007 »

I for one am all for this! I needed a way of charging a fee to get into my subway. It'd only be about 5 pence or so, but it is handy. I agree!!
KrahkaMaster

Post by KrahkaMaster »

I personally think there should be a prompt asking if you are sure you want to enter the area.
eg- (Bold text varies)

Are you sure you wish to enter the region RedstoneTutorials? The fee is 4 of ITEM 266 (GOLD INGOT). Type 'Yes' to continue.

If you leave, it says: Goodbye!

If you can't pay the fee, then:
You do not have enough of ITEM 266 (GOLD INGOT) to enter. You need 4.

Also, do you pay once, or each time you enter?