Lobby

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
Jamieker

Lobby

Post by Jamieker »

Many new players getting messed up in lobby asking themselves, where do I go, what do I do, and where are the trees? So I propose that we add a wing to the main lobby and for the log in spawn. There would be signs on the walls explaining briefly how the lobby works and a quick explanation about how each world is and if there are pre-requisites to attain entrance to the world, like creative. Hopefully this would get more people to actually join us instead of logging in and then leaving a second later due to the fact that the have no clue how the lobby works. I would be willing to build however if an admin or mod would rather I thin that would be cool too. Thank you, Jamieker
Doozy

Re: Lobby

Post by Doozy »

There is a sign right in front of the new player saying "confused? go this way ->" that leads to the smp portal. There is a sign by each portal describing the world ahead. And each world has its own set of signs once you enter them. No prerequisites exist at this time. If people can't figure this out, there's a good chance they just wanted to grief something. The challenge is getting people to read. Not too much more we can do in that department.
rbos

Re: Lobby

Post by rbos »

I think if people aren't reading the signs we have, more aren't going to help. :/