Suggestions for The End!

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
IbaJeeba

Suggestions for The End!

Post by IbaJeeba »

So, I have been thinking. . .

What if, instead of the End being reset, we did something else?
My idea for this would be, instead of resetting the entire dimension, we had a set map for it. I don't know what the idea for that would be, but some sort of island/chain of island. As well, with the EnderDragon, I was curious is it were possible to have her spawn with custom NBT data? For example, have Her spawn with an EnderCrystal on her back? I don't know if it is possible or not, with how She is spawned in.

As well, I understand it is possible to add custom mobs with one of the plugins. I was testing in a Creative world, and I spawned in a Bat, with an EnderCrystal attached to it's back. Here's an example of what they look like: http://imgur.com/8xVw2A5 . With 50 of them spawned in, there wasn't any lag, so I don't think that would be a problem. The bats could spawn in semi-rare, and maybe in groups of 3-5. When they are clumped together, and you shoot one of them, they all explode. This would provide a way for the dragon to be extremely hard to defeat, and to get rid of the need of resetting the full island every time.

My main goal for this I think is to not have an entirely random island every 24 hours. Even if you would still have to reset the world, I think it should be something more unique! Someone on the server could create a map for it, and after every restart, it get's re-loaded. It would add for a more interesting feel to fighting the dragon, in my opinion. I hope you guys take a look at this!
Iba, Iba, bo-bIba
Banana-fana fo-fIba
Fee-Fi-mo-mIba
Iba!
Cyrus

Re: Suggestions for The End!

Post by Cyrus »

I think a more reasonable and easy solution is just make an overworld end. Do what rob did when the nether was first introduced and generate an artificial end in the overworld, biome and all.
...The flowing time... The expanding space... I will make it all mine one day... Cyrus is my name. Remember it...
IbaJeeba

Post by IbaJeeba »

Though, there wouldn't be able to be an EnderDragon. Many people like to fight the dragon, including myself and others. I'd be pretty upset, and I wouldn't be the only one who would be either.
Iba, Iba, bo-bIba
Banana-fana fo-fIba
Fee-Fi-mo-mIba
Iba!
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

IbaJeeba wrote:Though, there wouldn't be able to be an EnderDragon. Many people like to fight the dragon, including myself and others. I'd be pretty upset, and I wouldn't be the only one who would be either.
I am not suggesting removing the End. I'm suggesting keeping what we have, then have an artificial End for people who want to build there.
...The flowing time... The expanding space... I will make it all mine one day... Cyrus is my name. Remember it...
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

There is a place called /dial cavern. It is dark and full of terrors. We could convert all the ground, walls and ceiling to endstone. Do you guys want a dark and scary endstone area, or an open to the sky one?
IbaJeeba

Post by IbaJeeba »

I was thinking more of an open-sky area. My intentions aren't to make an End area in the overworld, but to edit the End dimension.
Iba, Iba, bo-bIba
Banana-fana fo-fIba
Fee-Fi-mo-mIba
Iba!
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

IbaJeeba wrote:I was thinking more of an open-sky area. My intentions aren't to make an End area in the overworld, but to edit the End dimension.
In my opinion, that'd change the game too much.

Also, in your OP, you talk about this being an alternative to resetting the island, but you don't address the big issues. People like to kill the ender dragon. In your post, it seems like you're suggesting to make the dragon really hard to beat, therefore making it always there. The map resets to prevent people from building Ender Enders. Rob thinks it's too overpowered, and without the end being reset, there would be nothing stopping people from doing so.

The best compromise is making some floating end-like islands somewhere in the world and maybe encasing it in something to make it always dark.

I sorta like the bat idea, though. In my experience, though, ender crystals can be pretty volatile when not in their meant environment. They've caused crashes for me a lot when exploding in clusters.

TL;DR your proposition presents too many flaws and doesn't address the key issues. Overworld End recreation is probably the best bet. Boom Bats are a good idea.
Jamieker

Post by Jamieker »

I do agree with much of what I had read in that we do need an end biome that does not reset whether it is overworld or not does not matter too much IMO. I do agree as well with the fact that the ender dragon should re spawn every so often, because many people do enjoy it and it is good xp. I see what rainbow is getting at with saying that ender ender's are too op, but the pearls would be nice for many many reasons (explained more in my post) as well as everyone will just farm the xp manually, slower, and more server intensive ways. Thanks,
Jamieker Stock CEO