Specified "Wilderness" in SMP

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
Cyrus

Specified "Wilderness" in SMP

Post by Cyrus »

A while back, Factions was removed. Since then, we haven't really had a place made for all out survival PvP. Maybe we could define a 1000x1000 (or more) area, turn on pvp, tnt, fire spread, allow block breaking, etc, and have that be the server's "Wilderness".
...The flowing time... The expanding space... I will make it all mine one day... Cyrus is my name. Remember it...
Doozy

Re: Specified "Wilderness" in SMP

Post by Doozy »

Hmm we could turn pvp on in vanilla but I guess that world is a bit spread out. What about a chunk in minigames? 1000x1000 actually seems pretty big to me too, now I think of it. Would people find each other in that? If so, maybe vanilla would be good.
dragslayar

Post by dragslayar »

Well minigames does have a survival games arena, if you look near the warpgate there are some maps in frames and that's the arena, I've been meaning to finish it up, if there's enough push for it i'll do it quicker.

P.s. it'll have breakable surface blocks ad fire spread and tnt
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

Bring back the... Jungle
/dial tristar
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

dragslayar wrote:Well minigames does have a survival games arena, if you look near the warpgate there are some maps in frames and that's the arena, I've been meaning to finish it up, if there's enough push for it i'll do it quicker.

P.s. it'll have breakable surface blocks ad fire spread and tnt
Survival games isn't the same. I'm talking about just a normal survival experience, only no holds barred. Survival games is where a certain amount of people spawn, they go for the central chest, spread out, then fight to the death. After this, the map resets and the game starts again.

Think of my suggestion as the Wilderness in Runescape. Normally, you can't pvp players. However, in the wilderness, you can kill, loot, and plunder as you please.

If we were to host it in SMP, the majority of commands would need to be turned off.

I've thought a bit about hosting it in minigames, but... eh, I don't think it would fit. Sure, there's the space, but what I'm talking about isn't really a minigame. I'd like players to be able to take their gear in from normal SMP and use it in the Wilderness.I think it'd be pretty cool.

Perhaps 1000x1000 is a bit big. Maybe cut it in half? 500x500 is usually the size of most UHC worlds, and that is usually with 20 or so people. 500x500 should be more than enough with our population. If needed, we could always expand the Wilderness.
...The flowing time... The expanding space... I will make it all mine one day... Cyrus is my name. Remember it...
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

TacoDogSheep wrote:Bring back the... Jungle
If we can find a large enough area of non-generated terrain, I'm in support of that. I also was thinking about a custom generation of cyan stained clay, lava, obsidian, and other wasteland-ey type blocks.
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

We could throw that kind of thing up at the uhc portal for non-game day useage. See if there's demand. Or use the test portal for uhc games even.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Doozy wrote:We could throw that kind of thing up at the uhc portal for non-game day useage. See if there's demand. Or use the test portal for uhc games even.
We have to consider this, however: That might be too much work. It can get really annoying to have to go back and forth between worlds. We might not get the same usage of this Wilderness if we put it in its own world as we might by putting it in SMP.
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

Some new ideas we discussed:

Themed world: from favourite stories, a gothic vampire map, hogwarts with wands and flying, caveman ice age survival, that kinda thing

RPG map: use Townie or something to help players build settlements, add custom boss mobs

Events: treasure hunt type stuff, maybe races or dragon riding fights (echopet has a dragon riding option)

A fresh spawn area to encourage new player buildings in a communal setting

Hardcore PvP, smaller map than factions had, maybe cycle through a variety of biomes with weekly resets
dragslayar

Post by dragslayar »

I think we should have weekend events, like the multiplayer quest maps that Hypixel makes, have it set to run at a certain time, and bring back server tips so that we can tell players about new things going on in the server.
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!