Single player challenges

General minecraft-related chat.
kleril

Single player challenges

Post by kleril »

I really love the survival aspect of minecraft, which is why I bought the full version. Until SMP is complete, we are stuck in a lonely little world devoid of other players for survival.
While we are waiting, does anyone have any sort of challenge ideas they would like to share? (for example, the 'hardcore mode' featured on notch's blog). If anyone is currently participating in any sort of unique challenge mode, I ask you to please share what it is.

I am currently playing a 'nomad' game. You must move ~500 m north between sunrises, so you cannot stay in one place for very long. It is fairly challenging so far, as you MUST be efficient in both building shelters and recovering materials; as well as essentially losing all types of storage.
Dee

Re: Single player challenges

Post by Dee »

in the "nomad" game how do you know how far you walked? i may try it out :)
also do you start from scratch? or give yourself the tools etc first?
ummwat

Post by ummwat »

No smelting? Or is that too hardcore?
Hey, look on the bright side, you can find iron bars in dungeon chests! :) (rarely :? )
OMFG ^

ummwat - obstacle course master, owner of MineCity, internet thousand-are, novylen moderator
Unreal_Me

Post by Unreal_Me »

Use the biome manipulation mod (don't know the name, know it exists) to make your map 90%+ desert.

Minecraft's a lot harder without trees.
kleril

Post by kleril »

Dee - I'm probably going to use a mapper after I'm done, but other than that just approximate.