Contributor Benefits

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
AwEsUm

Contributor Benefits

Post by AwEsUm »

I believe Contributors should receive the following benefits

Permission to protect area. — If already offered, it may stay. Contributors should receive the benefit to receive protected area(s).
Allowance into Full Servers. — At the cost of a Guest or non-contributor (whoever is in the server), any contributor should be able to enter the server, even when full. Whatever it takes to allow this is fine, I stick with the suggestion for Guests or Non-contributors to be bumped.
The /warp benefit. — Speaks for itself.
Increased or Super-charged Kits. — Either access to more kits or increased kit (instead of /kit torches > 5 Torches, make it 10 or 15, or however much more, or even allow lower wait time to use again, or more kits in a certain amount of time (3 /kit uses instead of just 1)).

If you have any other suggestions, feel free to share your ideas here! Any comments on the given benefits, feel free to comment.

I hope rbos will see these
Castle in the SkyThe Great Tree
rbos

Re: Contributor Benefits

Post by rbos »

They're good ideas, however:
AwEsUm wrote:Permission to protect area. — If already offered, it may stay. Contributors should receive the benefit to receive protected area(s).
This could easily lead to overlapping situations, and shenanigans where people overlap protection zones over other people's, or modify other people's ACLs, or protect entire swathes of the map, kilometers in size. I would prefer that protection requests be limited to one per person, and to a maximum size, to keep things simple, and make sure that there will always be a lot of open unprotected area to build in. For that, we should have a group of people who are usually around, are known to be responsible, and can communicate with each other to make sure there's not much overlap.

Mods, in other words.
AwEsUm wrote:Allowance into Full Servers. — At the cost of a Guest or non-contributor (whoever is in the server), any contributor should be able to enter the server, even when full. Whatever it takes to allow this is fine, I stick with the suggestion for Guests or Non-contributors to be bumped.
I'd like that, too, however, with dozens (over 200, actually) of premium members, we could easily end up with a situation where we ram into our bandwidth cap like a bird into a plate glass window, which would slow down performance drastically for everyone.

Ideally I would like to give premium users priority in a queue, but the software doesn't support that yet.
AwEsUm wrote:Increased or Super-charged Kits. — Either access to more kits or increased kit (instead of /kit torches > 5 Torches, make it 10 or 15, or however much more, or even allow lower wait time to use again, or more kits in a certain amount of time (3 /kit uses instead of just 1)).
I agree, and have added two kits - "moretorches" and "stonetools" for members as of a few days ago. I'll add more kits if I can be convinced that they are not game-breaking and are a nice little convenience.
AwEsUm

Post by AwEsUm »

Yeah, I saw! Very nice, if any ideas come from this, feel free to tweak it in any way!
Castle in the SkyThe Great Tree
Tiel424

Post by Tiel424 »

200 people? ^^;

I think that such a privilege of entering a full server be granted after the 3 month trial period.
After all is said and built, more is said than built.
Do not count your glass blocks before they are smelted.