Tristar -- A City In The Making --

For all community projects (towns, collaborations)
TacoDogSheep

Tristar -- A City In The Making --

Post by TacoDogSheep »

Hello everyone, Taco here. I am making a city, yes a city. The dial to get to this place is /dial tristar. You may be asking is this another project you're going to abandon Taco? I certainly hope not! I don't have much right now, I am looking for people to make some buildings too. Going for a metropolis feel (like Ironside, I guess) so I'm leaning towards taller buildings. Post if you want to add something and tell me when I'm on, so I remember to keep some areas for you. I believe if people start to add buildings it will get bigger and bigger quickly!

Here's a photo of what I have so far VVVV

And here it is on the map so you can watch be built in real time!

http://minecraft.novylen.net/map/#/5449/64/19426/-2/0/0

Please give me feedback to keep me motivated to improve and work harder.

People currently adding or added a building:
-Nozstik
-Rainbow8Dash

I will update this thread maybe every 3-7 days depending on how much I have done. I aim for this to be my main focus for the next... While ;)
Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to give me feedback (if you have) thanks and see ya on Novylen!
Last edited by TacoDogSheep on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/dial tristar
Cyrus

Re: Tristar -- A City In The Making --

Post by Cyrus »

I might be willing to add somethin'.

Gimme a while to finish projects I have going on now, though.
...The flowing time... The expanding space... I will make it all mine one day... Cyrus is my name. Remember it...
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

Okay, that sounds good. Let me know where you want to build and everything, and I'll add you to the region when I get one. :)
/dial tristar
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

--Update-- 08/03/14

Yes... This update took a while. I was busy so I had little time to spend building things. Anyways I added 2 buildings and a parking lot, I also made a map to show another perspective.

Hope you enjoyed! (and Noz finish your building!)
/dial tristar
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

Okay... Some time has passed now and I think it's time for an update. Haven't worked on it a whole lot in the past few months (inactive), but I am now getting in the groove again. So here are some progress pics.

So as you can see there has been some progress. The stargate is /dial tristar and if you want to build something just send me a PM or ask me on the server. Thanks for reading :)

P.S. The images may be too big to see in full on the forum so just click on them for a larger view.
/dial tristar
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

What you can't see is the monstrosity of stair block overuse I put up on Noz's abandoned plot. Now I must learn the screenshotting so that you may bask in the glory of the Tristar Centre for Modern Art!

ps: When visiting the Tristar Centre for Modern Art, be wary of art critics. There are no doors, the centre is open to all comers.
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

Changelog

-Adding roads
-Finishing up smaller buildings
/dial tristar
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

Hey it's me. Added some more buildings that are WIP. also did some terraforming. Thought I'd update with a couple of pictures.

Map has been updated, more work has been done in the southern region of the city.

To the right is an unfinished condo and at the left is some random building I'm making testing out the new blocks.

Pic of some layouts of smaller buildings.

Behind buildings.

Terraformed this area today. After I'm done with the southern region I'm thinking of adding coastline with larger buildings and a port with crates, cargo ships and such.

Thanks for looking at this, just ask if you want to build something sometime.
/dial tristar
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

Another update. Been working on it quite a bit this weekend.

So far added somewhat of a residential area + greenhouse, a condo of sorts, some more roads, and another building.

Here are some pics.

3 Story condo

Osprey Cove Community. Right by the sea, has a nice view I think.

Typical cookie-cutter houses.

Started to find this sheep was staring at me, his name is Shep. He can't help the way his eyes are - it's genetic :/

Night-time!

Annnnnd updated map.

Thanks for looking and if you can leave some feedback or comments, I'd like to know how to improve or what to add. :)
/dial tristar
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

Construction and updates starting up soon. Going to start playing again.
/dial tristar