RIP NOVYLEN...?

General minecraft-related chat.
Traestaree

Re: RIP NOVYLEN...?

Post by Traestaree »

Well, I'm back from the dead it appears. Hope i see some people around if I stay for a while
Chris72

Post by Chris72 »

Novylen will always have a special place in my heart.
I once had an owl. Now I have a dog.
[url=htt://s09.flagcounter.com/more/iKRA]Image[/url]
img]http://i.imgur.com/GMC6p.png[/img it's gone
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

Aww happy new year guys, nice to hear from you :D
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

I'll always think about Novylen very positively. It is a great place to hang out on when people are on.
/dial tristar
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

I'd just like to add my thoughts here too.

Some of my fondest memories come from the time where I could play Minecraft for several hours a day and hang out with everyone on the server.
Despite the cool builds we all made, I think all of us were around for the community, for everyone else.
I'll always treasure the memories I have of Novylen, even if it's not dead I feel like the essence of what it was back in Beta and early release will never quite return.

Thank you everyone for being truly wonderful people :D
I'm sure I'll be back again every once and a while but I've been meaning to make this sort of post for a while now.

Thank you rbos so much for creating the server, and thank you everyone else for making it :)
ChineseAnonymous

Post by ChineseAnonymous »

Been a little over a year since I posted this thread; haven't really visited the server since. Kind of makes me a hypocrite in a way, but whatev's.

This is my obituary forum post though - been occupying my time with other creative endeavors, ones that I've been enjoying a little too much to steer away from. I still play the game from time-to-time, but mostly solo. Novylen's basically set the bar for a server so high, that nothing else can really keep me interested in the multiplayer aspect of the game anymore. Unless it's with close peeps - so I don't really bother trying anymore.

So yeah, this is it for me. It was a nice lil' run I had with a few of you, but the main ones I befriended seem to have moved on. Maybe fate will bring the O.G.s of Novylen back together one day, but I really doubt it. I'm not that desperate for human companionship over the internet... plus my brain really doesn't work with designing shit with giant blocks.

Mad props to rbos for keeping the server around for as long as it's been on. Been an honor amigo, and thanks for dealing with my shit as time went on!

This is ChineseAnonymous signin' off. Good luck in your lives, and maybe the deranged homeless guy you'll see in a few years might even be me! ;)
... Has left the Novylen building! Ciao!
rail108

Post by rail108 »

I used to pop in very occasionally a year ago or so but I never saw anyone on, novylen was honestly the first and only server I called home so it really set the bar high for what to expect from a community.

There were a ton of very fond memories that I doubt i'll ever forget. Although i'm not active sometimes nostalgia gets the best and I take a look at the forums. It was great to see some of you still active here. weresdrim, taco, chris, dograffe, epic, just all of you in general.

Even if novylen truly dies I think it's accurate to say it'll never be forgotten <3 dograffe I'm pretty sure right around when I quit for good I was helping you level an insane amount of land and accidentally warped away and you weren't active to tell me the warp back there lol good times for sure, and chris building that huge building with you in the creative was something I'll remember as a tedious yet fundamental part of my experience there haha I hope everyone is doing well