CTF - minecraft style

General minecraft-related chat.
kleril

Re: CTF - minecraft style

Post by kleril »

For the pilot run of CTF, I'll fence off a large area and beg Rbos to (please please please PLEASE) make an adminium box around the area (top to bottom of the map) and remove all the obsidian in it (you can do that with a map editor, right?). The top should be closed, to keep it dark... it IS halloween, after all!
Basewise, each team will get an aboveground bunker (it's gonna be tiny) with an obsidian block in the middle. There will be a chest of supplies in there as well.

RULES:
- Steal the enemy's obsidian (the flag) and bring it back to your base. Your team wins when the enemy's obsidian is placed on top of your team's obsidian while they are both in your base.
- Kill other players with arrows.
- Flag movement: You may not destroy your own flag even to move it in your own base. If you steal the enemy flag, it may only be placed on top your own flag. If you are returning a stolen flag to your base, it must be placed in it's original position.
- Building and gathering resources is completely allowed, go make a crazy fortress around your flag if you want.
- ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK! Make 100% sure that your inventory is EMPTY before teleporting into the game!
- If you are shot by an arrow, you must IMMEDIATELY empty your inventory (toss it all on the ground) and go to spawn by using the /spawn command. Do not pass go, do not collect $200!
- After being shot and moving to spawn, you may only use the teleport back (perhaps they could be in ada's tele hub) to YOUR team through your team's teleport. On the minute (Hour:minute:00) you may then teleport back into the game (dead players will respawn in waves). (Any volunteer mods want to ref the teles?)
- Don't destroy / tamper with the enemy's respawn teleport. Don't destroy / tamper with your team's respawn teleport. That just wrecks everything. Any other teleport built in the area of play is fair game. :)

All attending please post below!
(time & date: probably sometime after the hell event)
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

Holy you thought that out O_o

I like the ideas, but some rules i may disagree with...
also i might have an easier idea for the teles...

Props on the enthousiasm!!! :D
Is this a signature, OR A HUGE CHEESY TACO :D

kleril

Post by kleril »

Doc: don't hold your ideas back! Remember, this is a place where we have a chance to make MANY mistakes, and improvements are always a welcome thing. I would esp. like to hear your idea about the teles.
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

kleril wrote:For the pilot run of CTF, I'll fence off a large area and beg Rbos to (please please please PLEASE) make an adminium box around the area (top to bottom of the map) and remove all the obsidian in it (you can do that with a map editor, right?). The top should be closed, to keep it dark... it IS halloween, after all!
Basewise, each team will get an aboveground bunker (it's gonna be tiny) with an obsidian block in the middle. There will be a chest of supplies in there as well.

RULES:
- Steal the enemy's obsidian (the flag) and bring it back to your base. Your team wins when the enemy's obsidian is placed on top of your team's obsidian while they are both in your base.
- Kill other players with arrows.
- Flag movement: You may not destroy your own flag even to move it in your own base. If you steal the enemy flag, it may only be placed on top your own flag. If you are returning a stolen flag to your base, it must be placed in it's original position.
- Building and gathering resources is completely allowed, go make a crazy fortress around your flag if you want.
- ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK! Make 100% sure that your inventory is EMPTY before teleporting into the game!
- If you are shot by an arrow, you must IMMEDIATELY empty your inventory (toss it all on the ground) and go to spawn by using the /spawn command. Do not pass go, do not collect $200!
- After being shot and moving to spawn, you may only use the teleport back (perhaps they could be in ada's tele hub) to YOUR team through your team's teleport. On the minute (Hour:minute:00) you may then teleport back into the game (dead players will respawn in waves). (Any volunteer mods want to ref the teles?)
- Don't destroy / tamper with the enemy's respawn teleport. Don't destroy / tamper with your team's respawn teleport. That just wrecks everything. Any other teleport built in the area of play is fair game. :)

Comments:
- You should make the flag something easier to remove...obsidien takes FOREVER without tools. Even with tools it take a while. I suggest using a fence or something like that that is moderate.
- You should make a warp to a waiting area like in the middle underground of the arena when you die or waiting for a round to start. In that area youd have some waiting chairs and a nice place to hang out. Also, there would be the teleproters to the teasm bases.
- You should be able to bring a stack (or less, depending on what you thiknk would be good) of ONE item of your choise (of course there would be like item restictions so people dont bring obsidien in). This one item would help start off the round so people can , in little way, protect their area.
- Taking this idea from TF2 but the base should be a bit bigger and have like a "flag" room underground, or aboveground, or in a tower, etc.
- Basic thing like a workbench, furnace, etc should be supplied in the bases.
- There should be limits about how fortified your base could be so that its still accesable. There should be a rule about "no prop blocking" and atleast have one entrance ALWAYS.
- I agree that no outside food should be brought, but maby a chest in each base to have a stash of ham for emergencies??
- wouldnt you just die if you get hit?? I*f not than i aggree. But how would you know you got hit by an arrow??

Ideas:
- There should be some secret pots (chests) with items to find.
- Hidden really good should be a mistery pot where theree would be stuff that could give you some great advantages.

Other:
- I dont know what you wanted to do about bows and arrows, but at some point you will run out of arrows. Would you have infinite arrows like at your base or at chests (refill stations placed around the map) or a limited amount and than be screwed?

Ill add to this once I have ideas!! Hope this helps!

kleril

Post by kleril »

Dr_Obvious wrote:
Comments:
- You should make the flag something easier to remove...obsidien takes FOREVER without tools. Even with tools it take a while. I suggest using a fence or something like that that is moderate.
- You should make a warp to a waiting area like in the middle underground of the arena when you die or waiting for a round to start. In that area youd have some waiting chairs and a nice place to hang out. Also, there would be the teleproters to the teasm bases.
- You should be able to bring a stack (or less, depending on what you thiknk would be good) of ONE item of your choise (of course there would be like item restictions so people dont bring obsidien in). This one item would help start off the round so people can , in little way, protect their area.
- Taking this idea from TF2 but the base should be a bit bigger and have like a "flag" room underground, or aboveground, or in a tower, etc.
- Basic thing like a workbench, furnace, etc should be supplied in the bases.
- There should be limits about how fortified your base could be so that its still accesable. There should be a rule about "no prop blocking" and atleast have one entrance ALWAYS.
- I agree that no outside food should be brought, but maby a chest in each base to have a stash of ham for emergencies??
- wouldnt you just die if you get hit?? I*f not than i aggree. But how would you know you got hit by an arrow??

Ideas:
- There should be some secret pots (chests) with items to find.
- Hidden really good should be a mistery pot where theree would be stuff that could give you some great advantages.

Other:
- I dont know what you wanted to do about bows and arrows, but at some point you will run out of arrows. Would you have infinite arrows like at your base or at chests (refill stations placed around the map) or a limited amount and than be screwed?

RE: Comments:
- I chose obsidian BECAUSE it took so long to remove. This will force a more co-ordinated attack, so that someone will have to defend the person stealing the flag
- I really like your waiting room idea, but not all people are going to have the ability to use the /warp command. /spawn is available to everyone, and ada's warp hub is a secure place very close to it.
- Not sure what you mean by prop blocking, and in 90% of cases there's no way to make it absolutely impossible to access the flag (you can grief the other team's base).
- Forgot about supplies for the bases. Will get on that ASAP
- On the dying mechanic: I'm really not 100% sure exactly how arrows will affect other players (or if they will at all on the 31st), so it was really my best guess.
- There will be bows, arrows, and misc. tools and mats. in the bases. There WILL be a limited amount of arrows, but a lot of them so you won't just run out in 2 minutes. There is a limited amount because it makes you think - do I take 5 stacks and just fire like mad, potentially screwing my team over if I die and drop it all; or do I take what I think is just enough and risk running out during a critical firefight?

PS: on secret pots:
Not this round, maybe on no. 2. We'll see how this one plays out first. Also, we'd need a neutral party to place them - prevents one team from having an advantage over the other if, say I placed them (I really want to play this).
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

RE: Comments:
- I really like your waiting room idea, but not all people are going to have the ability to use the /warp command. /spawn is available to everyone, and ada's warp hub is a secure place very close to it.
- I did think of that. I could ask rbos to add a quick warp from spawn to the waiting room (lobby) at spawn. For members thay can just use a warp.
- There will be bows, arrows, and misc. tools and mats. in the bases. There WILL be a limited amount of arrows, but a lot of them so you won't just run out in 2 minutes. There is a limited amount because it makes you think - do I take 5 stacks and just fire like mad, potentially screwing my team over if I die and drop it all; or do I take what I think is just enough and risk running out during a critical firefight?
I like that idea, but there should be like some resupply shacks in the middle of the arena for everyone to use or steal from :3
PS: on secret pots:
Not this round, maybe on no. 2. We'll see how this one plays out first. Also, we'd need a neutral party to place them - prevents one team from having an advantage over the other if, say I placed them (I really want to play this).
I am more than happy to be as nural and just going around refilling pots or placing them secretly.

xxYamixx

Post by xxYamixx »

Why is there no attention to this anymore? This is a great idea! I'm not sure how this works with bukkit... Anyways i would like to revive this idea!
#Yami is MLR Legit [Major League Russian]
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

xxYamixx wrote:Why is there no attention to this anymore? This is a great idea! I'm not sure how this works with bukkit... Anyways i would like to revive this idea!
LolI think we should first get the server back to normal... then we can try this:P
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
ummwat

Post by ummwat »

I agree.
OMFG ^

ummwat - obstacle course master, owner of MineCity, internet thousand-are, novylen moderator
Bumnuggets0

Post by Bumnuggets0 »

Dr_Obvious wrote:
kleril wrote:For the pilot run of CTF, I'll fence off a large area and beg Rbos to (please please please PLEASE) make an adminium box around the area (top to bottom of the map) and remove all the obsidian in it (you can do that with a map editor, right?). The top should be closed, to keep it dark... it IS halloween, after all!

RULES:
- Steal the enemy's obsidian (the flag) and bring it back to your base. Your team wins when the enemy's obsidian is placed on top of your team's obsidian while they are both in your base. (might i suggest something like an iron block, harder to break but not to hard, and once you have the flag /hat so they now its you
- Kill other players with arrows. (im fine with this)
- Flag movement: You may not destroy your own flag even to move it in your own base. If you steal the enemy flag, it may only be placed on top your own flag. If you are returning a stolen flag to your base, it must be placed in it's original position. Fine
- Building and gathering resources is completely allowed, go make a crazy fortress around your flag if you want. (possable aboos but, to moderation)
- ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK! Make 100% sure that your inventory is EMPTY before teleporting into the game! ehhh this might prove problematic ex. honor system ect
- If you are shot by an arrow, you must IMMEDIATELY empty your inventory (toss it all on the ground) and go to spawn by using the /spawn command. Do not pass go, do not collect $200!decent, but why not only fire till its a piece of...um idk something with lots of holes
- After being shot and moving to spawn, you may only use the teleport back (perhaps they could be in ada's tele hub) to YOUR team through your team's teleport. On the minute (Hour:minute:00) you may then teleport back into the game (dead players will respawn in waves). (Any volunteer mods want to ref the teles?) good but how to enforce?
- Don't destroy / tamper with the enemy's respawn teleport. Don't destroy / tamper with your team's respawn teleport. That just wrecks everything. Any other teleport built in the area of play is fair game. :) needs enforcement

Comments:
- You should make a warp to a waiting area like in the middle underground of the arena when you die or waiting for a round to start. In that area youd have some waiting chairs and a nice place to hang out. Also, there would be the teleproters to the teasm bases. epic idea?
- You should be able to bring a stack (or less, depending on what you thiknk would be good) of ONE item of your choise (of course there would be like item restictions so people dont bring obsidien in). This one item would help start off the round so people can , in little way, protect their area. decent
- Basic thing like a workbench, furnace, etc should be supplied in the bases. for?
- There should be limits about how fortified your base could be so that its still accesable. There should be a rule about "no prop blocking" and atleast have one entrance ALWAYS. yes, also with update we could use dispencers as like turrets(tf2 ftw) and maybe as a food dispencer
- I agree that no outside food should be brought, but maby a chest in each base to have a stash of ham for emergencies?? like tf2s supply thing in spawns?

Ideas:
- There should be some secret pots (chests) with items to find. ehhh

Other:

Code: Select all

I have a small underground area that i just cleard out and have no idea what to use it for