CTF - minecraft style

General minecraft-related chat.
kleril

CTF - minecraft style

Post by kleril »

Once Notch gets bows & arrows server side (and mobs working, so I won't have to pester mods+ for supplies :) ) I have an idea for a big server get together for some good ol' fashioned CTF. Grab the other teams obsidian flag and bring it back to your base. Each player gets a bow and X arrows to start, with an otherwise empty inventory. (X is to be determined)
Any thoughts?
Dr_Obvious

Re: CTF - minecraft style

Post by Dr_Obvious »

That sound like a super fun game :) ...If you want I could get toghether a crack team of builders to make an amazing arena for it :D
Is this a signature, OR A HUGE CHEESY TACO :D

rbos

Post by rbos »

We could create a big area bordered with void, and then remove all obsidian from it. Flatgrass, maybe.
rbos

Post by rbos »

hm. Describe your ideal CTF arena. :)
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

I was thinking somthing along the lines of a huge arena with a couple mini arenas for different terains and each of the terains would be different (say maby one being a hilly arena, anouther being flat but with trees, i could go on and on :) ) It would kinda be like my spleef arena i made but never finished :P

rbos

Post by rbos »

I think for practical purposes a CTF arena should not be too large, so that people aren't constantly going past each other. There should be at least one choke point, too.
kleril

Post by kleril »

Man, these are some great ideas. My initial plan was to drop two tiny bases out in the wilderness, equip 'em with supplies and let players build onto the bases, build wooden trenches to advance, etc. We could try everything to see what works (it's not like we're gonna run out of space or anything).
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

You know that all these ideas are good ones. Now we need the co-operation to combine them to make the most epic, variable CTF arena in all of minecraft history. But we need lots...and I mean LOTS or people to help us out on this one project. And we need comemeration for all of them somwhere...

Tiel424

Post by Tiel424 »

^Did not make, map from Halo 1, VERY good CTF.
I have other ideas floating about, too.
After all is said and built, more is said than built.
Do not count your glass blocks before they are smelted.
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

like I said...these are all good ideas...we need to find a way to combine them all...maby like different part of the cource or maby rules than restrict stuff when in the arena...etc...