Abbussing Power

Post threads here related to server bans. If you want to contest a ban, place it here; if you as a moderator ban someone, create a thread here.
Nozstik

Re: Abbussing Power

Post by Nozstik »

First of all, spell check, please.
Second, I did drop you off cliff, but allowed you to retrieve your items afterwards.
Third, we do not give "item refunds" to people claiming they lost their stuff (I guess it would have been generous of me to explain that)
Fourth, I believe Dooz handled your problem, yet you kept freaking out, complaining, and asking for a refund.
Asking for us to refund your items is ridiculous. We have no way of knowing what you had in your inventory.
That'd be like calling the police and having them arresting someone solely on your word alone.
And last of all, you were temp banned because had you been on any longer, you probably would've dug yourself a deeper hole with the cursing and capital-letter spamming in chat.
So consider the half day ban lenient.

Also I never threatened to temp ban you. I gave you a warning to calm down.

And on a final note, your items were impossible to recover. They weren't there on the ground, and they weren't coming back. There's nothing me, or an admin could have done less of spawning you new items (which is crazy).
Say something incredibly humorous, and you too can be in my -
Favorite Quotes!:
<Kitteh53>: what the that sponge haz no legs!
<Kitteh53>:tann that shark just swooped by and stabbed me!
<Kitteh53>: you are afishally awesome now that you have diamond pick
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

hassandyoke wrote:Ok now all my stuff is gone its not my fault its the servers fault ok NOT MINE. and there are players that saw you chat "that an refund will be issued". and thats not what your job is. you have to solve problems not make them more diffcult. i had over 5 stacks of 64 coal ALOT of diamond tools and weapons and diamonds. lost all my glass, cobblestone,flint,wood,etc. i will pay to have my items back to me please. and this message goes for all other mods and admins NOT NOZTICKS because he just makes things worse.
You know, blaming the server doesn't help you or get your items back, so I suggest that you stop complaining or else a mod will ban you for being annoying.
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
Nozstik

Post by Nozstik »

Never said a refund would be given. Unless you mistakenly thought that me calling Notch, and getting to the bottom of the problem was the refund you were referring to (so I'll get back to you on that when it actually happens).

Also, as Epic said: excessive complaining and annoyance, not to mention your constant spammings in chat (which have occured multiple times; you've been muted by me, and countless other mods - also you've been warned, kicked, and tempbanned for other behavior), are not*** (edit) weclome in Novylen. There tends to be an unwritten rule: and that is to act mature and responsible. Not to act like a 12 year old that constantly whines and bickers.

Edit* seemed to say that whining and spamming was wanted in novy
Last edited by Nozstik on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Quotes!:
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

Nozstik wrote:Never said a refund would be given. Unless you mistakenly thought that me calling Notch, and getting to the bottom of the problem was the refund you were referring to (so I'll get back to you on that when it actually happens).

Also, as Epic said: excessive complaining and annoyance, not to mention your constant spammings in chat (which have occured multiple times; you've been muted by me, and countless other mods - also you've been warned, kicked, and tempbanned for other behavior), are weclome in Novylen. There tends to be an unwritten rule: and that is to act mature and responsible. Not to act like a 12 year old that constantly whines and bickers.
You fucked up the rule it is: Everyone is an adult until proven otherwise.
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
Zaneo

Post by Zaneo »

Alright lets begin, I've spoken to Nozstik about how he could have handled the situation a bit better. Now on the other side of the story, I hear you've been harassing other member on the server yourself. You also have been muted several times for using profanity and acting inappropriate. While we haven't outright said you can't swear, and i'll be the first to admit I've sworn, you start to overstep boundaries when you target others with your words.

If you need an example...
"Fuck, I just fell off a cliff."
"Fuck you"

Continuing on the theme of general policy, we simply do not refund items. If we do actually refund you any item, it is an EXCEPTION, do not expect to ever see this generosity again. It is simply not feasible for us to keep track of and verify your inventory at any given time. We have had plugins in the past that allowed us to see a players current inventory but nothing more.

Now I don't feel like pulling up the chat logs, but if you like I will, mind you combing through often reveals more then most people admit.

Onto the actual items disappearing, now I'm going to speak through my teeth lest I explode. Notch as much people worship him is not perfect, he either leaves bugs in the game, or doesn't implement feature which then require us to use modified servers. For whatever reason that day just wasn't your day and for some unknown reason your items were lost. So I suggest that you submit some sort of bug report to Mojang, or the group that makes the server software that we use, I believe we use implementation of Bukkit.
[My comments were made with the knowledge I had at the time, I reserve the right to change this statement if new information is found]
"That line you read, of course is mine, however, read so badly, it sounds like yours" -- Roman Noble
Nozstik

Post by Nozstik »

Zaneo wrote:Alright lets begin, I've spoken to Nozstik about how he could have handled the situation a bit better. Now on the other side of the story, I hear you've been harassing other member on the server yourself. You also have been muted several times for using profanity and acting inappropriate. While we haven't outright said you can't swear, and i'll be the first to admit I've sworn, you start to overstep boundaries when you target others with your words.

If you need an example...
"Fuck, I just fell off a cliff."
"Fuck you"

Continuing on the theme of general policy, we simply do not refund items. If we do actually refund you any item, it is an EXCEPTION, do not expect to ever see this generosity again. It is simply not feasible for us to keep track of and verify your inventory at any given time. We have had plugins in the past that allowed us to see a players current inventory but nothing more.

Now I don't feel like pulling up the chat logs, but if you like I will, mind you combing through often reveals more then most people admit.

Onto the actual items disappearing, now I'm going to speak through my teeth lest I explode. Notch as much people worship him is not perfect, he either leaves bugs in the game, or doesn't implement feature which then require us to use modified servers. For whatever reason that day just wasn't your day and for some unknown reason your items were lost. So I suggest that you submit some sort of bug report to Mojang, or the group that makes the server software that we use, I believe we use implementation of Bukkit.
[My comments were made with the knowledge I had at the time, I reserve the right to change this statement if new information is found]
Hear hear. You are not by any means entitled for us mods to bend over backwards for your every whim and desire. As Zane said, the staff of novylen are not responsible for the bugs that occur in game. Instead of complaining to us about every little thing that happen, you should instead be using head of yours to figure out that finger-pointing leads to absolutely nothing. Write Mojang, and get your problem solved instead of creating a headache for us.
Favorite Quotes!: