Novylen banner of graphic for mc forums

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
Nozstik

Novylen banner of graphic for mc forums

Post by Nozstik »

So, I'll be absent from novylen for a month, starting next monday. So I have a mission I'd like to accomplish before my short-term leave, with the help of the novylen community.

What I would like to do, is recreate a novylen server thread on the minecraft forums, in an attempt to bring in some new blood.

So what I'm asking for, is if anyone with photoshop skills would like to step forward and provide a graphic(s) for the thread.

As I said, my goal is to try to get a good-looking, descriptive thread inserted into the mc forums. You guys worry about the graphics, I'll handle the witty banter that brings the flocks in.

So, is anyone down to help?
Say something incredibly humorous, and you too can be in my -
Favorite Quotes!:
<Kitteh53>: what the that sponge haz no legs!
<Kitteh53>:tann that shark just swooped by and stabbed me!
<Kitteh53>: you are afishally awesome now that you have diamond pick
Worse Doughnut

Re: Novylen banner of graphic for mc forums

Post by Worse Doughnut »

Hmmmm, I'm a pro with GIMP, so I'll take a crack at it. But what do you mean "graphics"? Like.....what?
Nozstik

Post by Nozstik »

Worse Doughnut wrote:Hmmmm, I'm a pro with GIMP, so I'll take a crack at it. But what do you mean "graphics"? Like.....what?
By graphics, I mean kind of like a banner that should include pictures of well-built places in Novylen, in sort of a collage.
A good example of a novylen graphic is the banner on the novylen.net homepage:

When people post there servers up on minecraft.net, they usually include pictures of nicely built structures and the sort:http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum/45- ... l-servers/

So I'm looking for a collage like graphic with fancy "Novylen" text floating around somewhere. Shapewise, I think it should be big in vertical height, and moderate-large for horizontal. So say something like..600x900? A dimension that can scream out "BAM IM HERE LOOK AT MY PURRTYNESS".

So with your new found warp commands, I'm sure you could find some nice places ;D. Pachua would be a great resource for this...also the cathedral at third spawn is fantastic (I think it's third spawn). So let me know your thoughts..
Favorite Quotes!:
Worse Doughnut

Post by Worse Doughnut »

Okey-doke. I give myself a nice tour of Novylen to find the best-est spots.
Worse Doughnut

Post by Worse Doughnut »

Well, upon further review of other server threads i have a few questions. Do you want me to make 1 1000 by 200 banner with the server name on it in fancy fonts, and then have different screen shots of the coolest parts of Novyen? because trying to blend different pictures on MC together is quite ugly looking.
Nozstik

Post by Nozstik »

A server banner could be nice....but only if you can top the one I already posted.Would make the header of the thread look super awesome. Maybe 900x200?

And I'll trust your judgement with not making a collage. So your idea a bunch of random pictures of awesome architecture in novylen will have to be used to attract the masses, though that would kind of take away from the "artsy" aspect of it.

BUT, maybe I'm being too picky...SO IM GOING TO LEAVE IT UP TO YOUR DISCRETION WORSE. DONT LET ME DOWN BLUE!
Favorite Quotes!:
Worse Doughnut

Post by Worse Doughnut »

Well, here's my idea for the new Promo 900px by 200px header type thing.

Took a while to extract that font and spell out Novylen, but i think it came out alright. Now I'll start on the cool-area shots once the freaking rain lets up on the server -_-

Edit: Okey-doke, here are the first few cool-area shots:

MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

Hmm, I think Yami or someone else made a banner for the forums.. not sure tho
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
arin3

Post by arin3 »

Worse Doughnut wrote:Well, here's my idea for the new Promo 900px by 200px header type thing.

Took a while to extract that font and spell out Novylen, but i think it came out alright. Now I'll start on the cool-area shots once the freaking rain lets up on the server -_-
Why not just expand the NOVYLEN into minecraft.novylen.net on a background of the sky or something?
Nozstik

Post by Nozstik »

Apologies, as I haven't had the time to respond due to fun college life! The banner in my opinion is super dark. Perhaps we should just go with Arin's idea and use the original banner, but with that cool minecraft text?

But other than that, I like the collection of pictures. Some of them are dark, but I can fix that because the areas are recognizable; I will contribute some of my own snapshots. But definitely liking the selection! Thanks for the contribution :D

By weeks end, I'll post up a sample thread advertising this server, so that all can see and give suggestions. So for now, BACK TO WORK I GO!
Favorite Quotes!: