Lottery

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.

Yes to a lottery? (READ FIRST)

Yes [Members Only]
100%
No
No votes
Only if it uses a plug-in specific for a lottery
No votes

Total votes: 3

Dee

Lottery

Post by Dee »

If a Lottery already exists, and I am just un-aware of it, dis-regard the entire post!

Well, I was thinking that adding a contributor-rank and above lottery would be a way to cause (possibly) more people to pay the $5.

It does not even have to be an official plug-in. Anyone who wants to, puts forth say 10 coins to enter, and one person wins it. Do a weekly draw? and allow people to buy more then one ticket.

Possibly something like:

1 Ticket~ 10 coins
3 Tickets~ 25 coins
5 tickets~ 40 coins

One issue I see is who would be the person to hold onto the money? An admin most-likely. - assuming no bank exists-

The way somebody would win/ How the draw would be execute like: Starting on Monday, Everytime someone buys a ticket, they get whatever number is next. IE:

Mrepic buys the first 2 Tickets, he gets ticket #1, and #2.

Later that day, v6LRu buys 5 tickets. He gets # 3,4,5,6,7.

This would go on for 6 days, and on the 7th, a winner would be chosen using a random number service (free online)

Some Snags/Side-notes:
:arrow: I don't think a ticket cap is needed. I have seen many times the person with one ticket, beat the person with 20.
:arrow: The cost / How long it lasts / When the draw occurs - are all changeable
:arrow: Tickets will not be a physical item, I think it would be much easier for the "banker" to keep track of it in a program like note-pad.
:mobcreeper: If the lotto sells tickets for the next draw starting Monday at 4PM PST (or whatever) and the "banker" is not online, how will he/she know who tried to buy first?
:arrow: a plug-in for this does exist, making it much easier. But I do not know anything about it, and if you can restrict it to certain ranks. I do not know the name either.