Lazy rbos

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
weresdrim

Lazy rbos

Post by weresdrim »

(This Post is not for calling rbos lazy)
Over the years over all the plugins rbos has installed, let's face it they break after each bukkit update then our favourite admin doesn't much want to fix them because well he is lazy (sorry rbos but there are a few things we need back).

The purpose of this post is to get those plugins and some general things in the novylen server map we love that have been broken/destroyed previously, back up (or update some config.yml files) for all other normal users just post a reply and it will come on this list at some point if worthy. Some of these things have gone too far without being updated.

List of things we need/want back/updated rbos!:
The Tips:
all of these Tips that come up everyone ten minutes or so are VERY outdated, all the plugins they say are gone and do no longer work.
List of Updates of Tips we want (or back working)
Redstone drops Lapis, Tell users about a tutorial room when it comes, Sand drops clay (can it drop glass too occasionally), One fun one for Noobs like "On this server a Werewolf is chosen each night, either you die by it or you are the werewolf", (more when others suggest). FIXED RBOS IS DOING THEM NOW!
Tutorial Room:
We need tutorials for most of the important plugins at spawn.
Auction: NOT DOING THIS, RBOS HAS SAID.
These were fun and an easy way to sell (I've heard this plugin doesn't work anymore but try again anyway)
UPDATE THE MINECRAFT.NOVYLEN.NET WEBSITE!!!: (FIXED! Keep doing this rbos!)
NPC's (are these back up???): Also if they are, can u give access to us players :P (to make blacksmiths and traders, the essential npc's)

Player's please try to think of some old plugins, I've only been on novylen since this year so I don't know all the old plugins.
Note: This post is not for plugin suggestions it is for plugins that have been on novylen previously back up.
Last edited by weresdrim on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
gino973

Re: Lazy rbos

Post by gino973 »

lupus in redstone? auto resupply?
dragslayar

Post by dragslayar »

i posted this a while ago, but rbos hasnt seemed to notice

http://forum.minecraft.novylen.net/view ... f=4&t=1141

also we need auction back
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
Worse Doughnut

Post by Worse Doughnut »

I asked Rob about auction a while back, when i came back and it was gone. He told me its not a problem he can fix. Its something along the lines of bukkit wont work with it or whatever.
rbos

Post by rbos »

Guilty, I've been pretty busy at work, and my VGA Planets game has sucked up a whole crapload of my spare time - 3 games was too much. One of the games is ending, so I'll have more time then.

Good suggestions. I acknowledge that most of those things need to be done. I'll fix the tips right now.
amixalot

Post by amixalot »

Jesus... did no one else take offense to this? Why in the world would you start what could be a good post with "Lazy rbos"...?

I mean seriously, you're just trying to be a turd...

Here's a list of better names I thought of while writing this ( and don't come off sounding like an ass)

~Outdated Plugins

~Updates We Would Like to See

~Mods We Miss

~Fix the Damn Tips

~Tutorial Rooms?

Keep in mind any of them would work, and none of them start by calling out the person who shovels out money and his time simply to entertain us. Lazy is the last thing that comes to my mind.

Amix out
-.-
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

amixalot wrote:Jesus... did no one else take offense to this? Why in the world would you start what could be a good post with "Lazy rbos"...?

I mean seriously, you're just trying to be a turd...

Here's a list of better names I thought of while writing this ( and don't come off sounding like an ass)

~Outdated Plugins

~Updates We Would Like to See

~Mods We Miss

~Fix the Damn Tips

~Tutorial Rooms?

Keep in mind any of them would work, and none of them start by calling out the person who shovels out money and his time simply to entertain us. Lazy is the last thing that comes to my mind.

Amix out
-.-
I'm not trying to call rbos lazy. The only reason why it is this way is because Mods we Miss sounds as a chore to everyone, "lazy rbos" grabs more attention and has made the main page of novylen change (at least I suspect it was from here). I no that rbos is nice and uses his money to make novylen this good. The thing is is that there are little things that are getting annoying that are gone and haven't returned, really it should be called "lazy plugin developers" but we all know rbos so, use that, he got to the stage where the plugin developer took ages to update the plugin so rbos finds himself not searching for it in bukkit again. I know "lazy rbos" sounds terrible but it's done and still is doing it's job!
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

gino973 wrote:lupus in redstone? auto resupply?
Lapis I think shouldn't be redstone, create a new chunk! And as for the auto resupply, it made a dupe bug so it was deleted.