Allowing TNT?

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
Epacity

Allowing TNT?

Post by Epacity »

I was wondering if TNT could be allowed again.
I'm sure we all love mining with TNT. But at the moment, this is not possible. I was wondering if it was possible for TNT to be allowed ONLY if it is in your own PROTECTED area. (by that I mean you are the parent)
If too many blocks causes extreme server lag/crashing, my opinion will change instantly.
There are ways around this though, such as only allowing a certain amount of TNT blocks to be fired during a certain period of time...
0-0
If these ideas work, please consider.

-Epacity
Worse Doughnut

Re: Allowing TNT?

Post by Worse Doughnut »

I'm pretty sure a mod could just set a TNT-allow flag in the area you want it.....
Epacity

Post by Epacity »

Nozstik tried that and it didn't work.
He said Rob turned :tnt: globally off.
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

I like TNT, all I can do now is just randomly kill things with it :|. We all love the mining process!
Worse Doughnut

Post by Worse Doughnut »

Well, im going to firmly stand against this for sure. I can only imagine how people will find ways to abuse this, and you know they will.
ChineseAnonymous

Post by ChineseAnonymous »

I'm not sure if there's a plugin that detects if TNT is used in one's own protected area and if not exists. But unless it's restricted to region owners, we can expect some towns being blown apart.

Not to mention that if you're expanding your mine outside your zone you'd have to pester the staff to get a new one that's larger every time.

There's probably a better way from what I said, but for once; I'm agreeing with Doughnut on something.
Last edited by ChineseAnonymous on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
... Has left the Novylen building! Ciao!
Epacity

Post by Epacity »

hmm Let's see what a Moderator or Admin has to say. If abuse comes to a possibility I'm totally against it as well.
rbos

Post by rbos »

A protected zone is pretty much by definition owned by someone, so only they'd be able to place TNT in it. It could be a global flag toggled on in individual zones, like pvp, and if moderators don't mind dealing with the additional requests, it'd be fine with me.

You can use it in pvpland though.
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

I do like blowing things up.. I could see tnt mining being nice for the underground fortress builders.
Dee

Post by Dee »

If this can be done with TNT, can it be done with fire also? It is nice for fireplaces and clearing forests.

I believe it causes a great sum of lag when it gets out of hand though. And crashes.