Contracting, Banking, Taxes. More uses for money?

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
Ebilruler

Contracting, Banking, Taxes. More uses for money?

Post by Ebilruler »

I have had the problem of having absolutely nothing to spend my money on recently, and I have had a few ideas of things that I could contribute to, or the community could help provide, or just something that you could add to a town if you want. This is just a few simple to complex things I have thought of, so they won't be explained thoroughly. But I think they could add a sense of depth to the game and more use for currency, and with others feedback and support could be more in-depth.

My first thought would be contracting companies of sorts. This would be a more official form of paying someone to do a service such as building, landscaping, redstone work, and more. I don't know how specifically this could be made official, but it is just a thought I have had.

Secondly is a banking system, or if you even want to go extremely in-depth, a stock system. The bank could give out loans, but they would have to be paid back in time with gradual interest (I have no idea how this would be enforced though). The bank could hold onto your money, but I am unsure how this would work fairly. The stock system would just be a simplified version of the stock market, maybe based upon any contracting companies, or even stores, but I have no idea how complex this would be or how it could be implemented/this interest in something like this.

Lastly and most least, this is mainly a more personal idea for individual towns, would be taxes, it could just be a simple tax in a town that after buying a lot, you would have to pay a very small fee every day or so (real life day?) The money could be put into the bank and used at a later time by the mayor to pay a contracting company to help build in the town?

All of these could be very boring ideas that wouldn't work very well, but they could also help add a level of depth to the economy of the server, creating more reason to make money through a job, or selling items. I would just enjoy to hear feedback, support, or anything about this to see if others would enjoy any of this or be willing to contribute to it.

Another quick idea would be more fun things compared to dull banking systems and such, and have more official contests and events that cost money to participate in that can include betting and winnings for betters and the contestants.
dragslayar

Re: Contracting, Banking, Taxes. More uses for money?

Post by dragslayar »

well i own a redstone contracting company. (and i need more buissness)

and it could work like, people could buy into a company, if the company needed money to start up/buy materials, then they get whatever the stake is % of income.

but kinda complex for minecraft still xD
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
dragslayar

Post by dragslayar »

Also im building Arcadetown which will host spleef and blockade tournaments, with betting and buy in and winnings and stuffs.

and there is a item banking system at mntc.
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
Ebilruler

Post by Ebilruler »

Indeed, I am speaking more widespread, but it would be complicated I assume :/
Zacky

Post by Zacky »

I think Contracting, Banking and Taxes would really work well, but Stocks are a bit too hard to do..
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

Taxes make contracting in my town = /me :D
Nozstik

Post by Nozstik »

I call being the banker
Say something incredibly humorous, and you too can be in my -
Favorite Quotes!:
<Kitteh53>: what the that sponge haz no legs!
<Kitteh53>:tann that shark just swooped by and stabbed me!
<Kitteh53>: you are afishally awesome now that you have diamond pick
ChineseAnonymous

Post by ChineseAnonymous »

Nozstik wrote:I call being the banker
Put in a good word for me, because I demand to have possession of Boardwalk.
... Has left the Novylen building! Ciao!
Dee

Post by Dee »

But with taxes I'd be forced into using coins :(
rbos

Post by rbos »

It'd be kind of fun to run a stock exchange in-game, with prices slaved to the real world markets.