More Moderators?

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
Dee

More Moderators?

Post by Dee »

Please note that the stats I recorded are surprising compared to most nights.

Well, I guess I'll say it since no one else will :P It seems to me more mods are needed now because many of them are concentrating on university/education in general.
(Which I understand)

If this was not the case, the mod count would be fine.
But in the meantime I personally think 1-2 players should be promoted to the Mod roster.

I have no idea who, but think it should be done.

[(It could just me my bad timing, but most recently, I saw 2-3 players in need of a mod. Not urgently, but still.) Yes, they opened a /pe ... I think ]

Anyone else agree?
Or disagree?
Share Below

:fire: (Oh, and please don't flame others) :fire:

~~Dee

STATS (Way to throw 'em off dooz :P )

So far:
Players / Mods /Admins (Red times mean they were not recorded on the halfhour mark)
1:30- 8/0/0
1:40 8/1/0
2:00 11/0/0
2:30 11/1/0
2:44 7/0/0
3:00 7/1/0 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lol, Doozie did mess with the #'s ;)
3:30 7/1/0
3:44 7/2/0
3:47 7/1/0
4:00 7-9/2/0 (Sorry, missed this one, but that is what is was around
4:30 6/1/0
5:00 8/1/0
5:05 8/2/0
5:30 12/1/0
5:38 14/1/1 (Or about that)
6:00 13/1/1
6:30 11/1/0
7:00 4/0/0 (Crash or restart, no one re-joined :( )
7:30 5/1/0 (Doozie ;P )
8:00 5/1/0
8:30 8/0/0
9:00 6/1/1
9:30 5/1/1
10:00 4/1/0
(The Random intervals are when I just happened to notice a change in the mod count)
Last edited by Dee on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ChineseAnonymous

Re: More Moderators?

Post by ChineseAnonymous »

I'd say like some kind of resume format for those willing to volunteer. I really don't see how the mod trials are vital to promoting someone, but it's obvious that a veteran should more likely be promoted.
... Has left the Novylen building! Ciao!
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

I disagree.. I am on a lot.. On the irc anyways, so if you need a mod you can just type: Mrepic and I'll get a notification. And then I can help you, and I know that mike has been online, noz..
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

Is there a particular time that is lacking moderation? Perhaps we have an availability gap that players are falling into? I have no real schedule, so if at say, 10 am there are 20 people all needing help, I could make an effort to log in around then and deal with any /pe backlog.
Dee

Post by Dee »

MrE, you are EU (and I think MercyMike is also?)

People tend to need help when you are asleep. Which would be anywhere between 6PM -> 11PM EST.

Doozy, I'll try and figure out the time-frame where people tend to need mods the most/ 15+ people online.

EDIT:

Okay, tonight I am going to check every half-hour / hour and record the player to mod count.

UPDATE (x3):
So far:
Players / Mods /Admins (Red times mean they were not recorded on the halfhour mark)
1:30- 8/0/0
1:40 8/1/0
2:00 11/0/0
2:30 11/1/0
2:44 7/0/0
3:00 7/1/0 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lol, Doozie did mess with the #'s ;)
3:30 7/1/0
3:44 7/2/0
3:47 7/1/0
4:00 7-9/2/0 (Sorry, missed this one, but that is what is was around
4:30 6/1/0
5:00 8/1/0
5:05 8/2/0
5:30 12/1/0
5:38 14/1/1 (Or about that)
6:00 13/1/1
6:30 11/1/0
7:00 4/0/0 (Crash or restart, no one re-joined :( )
7:30 5/1/0 (Doozie ;P )
8:00 5/1/0
8:30 8/0/0
9:00 6/1/1
9:30 5/1/1

(The Random intervals are when I just happened to notice a change in the mod count)
Last edited by Dee on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

Hmm, what time zone are you in? Also, way to be proactive!
Dee

Post by Dee »

Doozy wrote:Hmm, what time zone are you in? Also, way to be proactive!

EST.

3 hours ahead of you.
Not 2. :P

And... I can't stop thinking of those damn infomercials now. (Pro-active stuffs)
IronManiac77

Post by IronManiac77 »

I get involved so much in conversations about who should be moderators or not, I feel like a record. From the beginning, I've believed moderators are people rbos, Zaneo and others have seen as someone who has been on the server long enough that he/she can hold up the responsibility of policing the server while at the same time being there as a helping hand. And for the most part, I believe everyone who is a mod holds up to that stature. It annoys me when greenies who have only have joined a month or two months go asking when they'll be promoted to mod or how they can become a mod.

You'll get it if you deserve it. And from my viewing experience, asking just throws you farther behind in the line.

In response to this particular post, I see your point Dee. There are limited times when mods are not online and a good amount of players are in need of one. And that is something that should be handled.

But instead of just enlisting new mods right away, I think it might be more productive if the current mods and admins have a private discussion of certain times they think they can be on. And even then, we can't expect a mod on every hour. Let's be honest, school takes up time but we also have social lives. Or at least most of us do. And plans come up and we'll leave.

And I have to agree with the mods a little too. Dooz and MrE are on a good amount of the time. As are a lot of other mods.

Perhaps that's why I think the /pe system was put in store. So mods could handle situations where they were needed when they eventually get on.

Just my two cents. 8-)

*I Ain't Copper, I ain't Steel. I'm Iron*
Dee

Post by Dee »

IronManiac77 wrote: In response to this particular post, I see your point Dee. There are limited times when mods are not online and a good amount of players are in need of one. And that is something that should be handled.

But instead of just enlisting new mods right away, I think it might be more productive if the current mods and admins have a private discussion of certain times they think they can be on. And even then, we can't expect a mod on every hour. Let's be honest, school takes up time but we also have social lives. Or at least most of us do. And plans come up and we'll leave.

And I have to agree with the mods a little too. Dooz and MrE are on a good amount of the time. As are a lot of other mods.
Aye, but the mods seem to cluster at the same time, and my guess, that is not by choice. (Or they just wanna deprive us ;P )

Also, MrE is.... on the IRC.... which (I DON'T THINK**) players can see unless they are in the IRC. I for one, don't ask for a mod when I need one and none are online. Why? Because I use /online and /pe.

Also, MrE is in the 5 or so hours ahead of myself. I play till 11pm EST say. Well, that is 4am for him, and he ain't online then. What-so-ever. (Which makes sense)

Gonna finish up the data recording. Then yeah
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

So far I see me sitting around all day messing with the numbers :shock: . Be interesting to see what the morning numbers are.