More Moderators?

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
Dee

Re: More Moderators?

Post by Dee »

Doozy wrote:So far I see me sitting around all day messing with the numbers :shock: . Be interesting to see what the morning numbers are.
Sorry, I have School from 8:30 till 2:20.
And I don't got time to check in the morning. Sorry to those people

BUT, I do know 2am-5am EST are the slow hours. Under 5 people on at a time.

And Even if you were :P you were still present which counts in my books.

Worse Doughnut

Post by Worse Doughnut »

Hmmmmmmmm....

This is an interesting thread. Well, I'd say the mods were usually on most of the times I was on, but that was the summer, and have no idea where that patter will stay the same now.

Either way, I agree with Iron. We don't need more mods. We need the current mods to just take a peak at the server everyonce and a while. But, they should atleast actually log on and ask if anyone needs help. This seems needed only because not many new/younger users grasp the concept of the IRC or even the /online command (ps. why is there no tip about the /online command?!).

And let me remind you all that Rob did add two new mods quite recently a few months back. That being said, of those two mods, Dooz and Mike, Dooz is quite active yet I didn't hear from Mike all summer.
Dee

Post by Dee »

Worse Doughnut wrote:Hmmmmmmmm....

This is an interesting thread. Well, I'd say the mods were usually on most of the times I was on, but that was the summer, and have no idea where that patter will stay the same now.

Either way, I agree with Iron. We don't need more mods. We need the current mods to just take a peak at the server everyonce and a while. But, they should atleast actually log on and ask if anyone needs help. This seems needed only because not many new/younger users grasp the concept of the IRC or even the /online command (ps. why is there no tip about the /online command?!).

And let me remind you all that Rob did add two new mods quite recently a few months back. That being said, of those two mods, Dooz and Mike, Dooz is quite active yet I didn't hear from Mike all summer.
I've Seen Mike 'round. But I believe he is EU, which is why you may have missed him. Also, he went away on vacation for a while, or so I heard.

I Agree, we DON'T need more mods. Like I said in the OP, but under these circumstantces/meanwhile they are getting their stuff together with school etc, It seems we do.

The only reasons I think the server needs more mods is because the current ones (for the most part) are not on enough (again, for the most part).

And before anyone gets offended, *All the mods have completely understandable reasons as to why they can't sign in as much anymore.*

EDIT: heheh these stats are going fully agaisnt my opinion. But in my defense, Doozie is not normally on that long, nor at those times :P
Dee

Post by Dee »

Updated OP.
IronManiac77

Post by IronManiac77 »

What a fun little conversation that was, huh?

:D
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

I think I like Iron xD
and dee, you are right, we should try to see that there is a mod online every once in 2hours or something.
but the problem for most mods/admins is their social life, including school and work.

I myself need to be 25 hours in college, and I need to make a lot of homework,
so when I have time I try to be online, but I also still have a social life.(and work )

I know that mike also has school. so..

But for now you can just use /pe new [question] ect..
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
dragslayar

Post by dragslayar »

i usually dont see anymod on in the morning (GMT), for a good couple hours, sometimes mike is on, (he's GMT) but busy lately.

but usually there is a mod on fairly often from then on.

personaly i dont think the server really needs more mods, seeing as we still have quite a few active ones, like epic coming in from irc when someone is in need of help.

and the /pe system help alot for people who need something protecting or something.
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
Dee

Post by Dee »

dragslayar wrote:i usually dont see anymod on in the morning (GMT), for a good couple hours, sometimes mike is on, (he's GMT) but busy lately.

but usually there is a mod on fairly often from then on.

personaly i dont think the server really needs more mods, seeing as we still have quite a few active ones, like epic coming in from irc when someone is in need of help.

and the /pe system help alot for people who need something protecting or something.
Sure, but /online does not show the people in the IRC. So I personally don't ask for a mod, when I don't see one in /online
Codename-J6

Post by Codename-J6 »

/me butts in

Is there a possible addition to the nbot/IRC plugin that allows users to see those who are on/active on the IRC?
rbos wrote:Stupid kittens. I bet they deserved it.
Nozstik

MO MO MO!!!

Post by Nozstik »

Codename-J6 wrote:/me butts in

Is there a possible addition to the nbot/IRC plugin that allows users to see those who are on/active on the IRC?
If you're speaking of getting a player list while in IRC, then the command is .players, or .player, I believe.

And it's so fun watching this thread drag on, that its almost painful. Because what I think in my head is, "OOOOOOOH ROB, WHEN U'Z GIVIN YO 2 CENTS?" haha.

But yes, with the onslaught of school, I've personally not been on as much as I wish I could be. And fighting for lady liberty takes up time also :P. But with the new Mountain world, you can bet my time will once again increase (will start a project, and not finish it: just like aether).

But anyways, I've deviated from the topic at hand. I haven't been on enough to notice whether or not that has been an absence of mods, so I can't really offer an opinion on "BRING NEW MODS IN". So apologies. Please continue this great debate, and I will offer humorous commentary because I can.
Say something incredibly humorous, and you too can be in my -
Favorite Quotes!:
<Kitteh53>: what the that sponge haz no legs!
<Kitteh53>:tann that shark just swooped by and stabbed me!
<Kitteh53>: you are afishally awesome now that you have diamond pick