More /homes!

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.

Do you wish to have this plugin?

Yes, 2 homes
No votes
Yes, 3 homes
25%
Yes, 4 homes
No votes
Yes, 5 homes
8%
No, 1 home is fine
67%

Total votes: 12

weresdrim

More /homes!

Post by weresdrim »

(B.S I thought this was more appropriate for suggestions then polls :P)
Ok who hasn't wanted more than there normal home to warp to?
I doubt anyone said no to that.
With http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp-mul ... 1000.3729/<--- that plugin you can have as many homes as you wish (rbos I recommend 3, you can change it from the default of 5).
Never do you have to roam and think "I'll never get back here again!" or make an awesome castle ages aways from /spawn and /home then not be able to get there quick.
Runecraft teleporters are confusing and unreliable, this plugin allows easy warps everywhere!

Easy access to everything! Vote Yes today!
MrEpiclegendzz

Re: More /homes!

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

I voted 1 home.

Reason is, if you want to have multiple places, you should upgrade to premium, and then you can /warp. (mods can set warps)

If we are going to give greenies 3 homes, well, that would be unfair for premium, might be a thing for premium tho, 2 home's?
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
dragslayar

Post by dragslayar »

i agree with epic, despite wishing i had more /homes it would be better for greenie to have one and premiums to have 2 or maybe 3 ;P
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

I know what your saying, I have said in the past premium users should get more. Premium users donate for the server and usually are allowed to use there money on it (I don't know if I should), mostly it's not for there benefit more the servers. Rbos just puts those extras in so people do feel more of a upside to donating.
I want more homes :(
Dee

Post by Dee »

Runecraft teleporters/waypoints. That is all.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mods/ ... _Waypoints

More info there^
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

Dee wrote:Runecraft teleporters/waypoints. That is all.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mods/ ... _Waypoints

More info there^
I know how to make these, they are only messy and sometimes stuff up...
ChineseAnonymous

Post by ChineseAnonymous »

Technically, you can have more than one place. You just have to co-ordinate with your buds so both of you can build two places, get it protected, then one of you place a home there.
... Has left the Novylen building! Ciao!
Nozstik

Post by Nozstik »

The reason we have stargates, and runecraft teleporters, is to solve to problem of having of having more than one home (as has been mentioned above). Having multiple home points would be the same as /warp, thus taking away from the incentive to donate (As has also be mentioned). It would be unfair to those who do have the ability to /warp, and would undermine the donor status.

The best way to solve this problem is to make your home in a teleporter room, this way you can have quick and easy access to other homes that have been built by yourself. I ran into the same problem as you when I was a greenie, and I solved is by constructing exactly what I told you.
Say something incredibly humorous, and you too can be in my -
Favorite Quotes!:
<Kitteh53>: what the that sponge haz no legs!
<Kitteh53>:tann that shark just swooped by and stabbed me!
<Kitteh53>: you are afishally awesome now that you have diamond pick
IronManiac77

Post by IronManiac77 »

Noz as a greenie. Those were the good ol' days of Novylen Minecraft. Back when braces were cool and Justin Timberlake still made music.

To the subject at hand, I agree with there only being one home. Don't get me wrong, I love finding a place and being like "Damn, I wish I could get here easily" and then just type in my own command to make a easy portal there. But the whole purpose of the /home max being 1 is really quite simple; How many places in real life do you really call home? Maybe one or two. Three makes you a house-whore 8-).

Perhaps raising the limit to 2 for donators might be a possibility but to give an example, when wraeth and I finally started gaining speed on Asgard, we simply as Amix if he could make a warp there. It's fairly simple and easy for a mod to swoop in and place a warp as long as you give a reason for a warp being there.

Because warps to giant open areas for no reason is for the nubz.

Stay classy, Novylen.
Dee

Post by Dee »

Teleporter rooms :mrgreen:
Those were common before.

Also, I would not want 2 homes, even for people who donated, I think it should be one.

~~~
Noz a greenie= Terrible thief
Noz a mod= Terrible thief
Noz now= 200 posts