Temp Map Added To Actual Map?

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
Gubble1234

Temp Map Added To Actual Map?

Post by Gubble1234 »

Hey everyone, I (and I am guessing others) have been playing the Temporary map for some time now, and have come to somewhat enjoy this sort of fresh start. However, when the proper map is back up, all of this will be lost... :( Therefore, I thought to myself, what if there was a way to keep it, and had a brainwave!

Currently, there are several 'plains' on the actual map such as the Aether, creative ect. Why not add this map to another 'plain' so that people who wish may continue to live there?

I have heard people saying that there will be new parts of the map available when it is back up, but I just think it would be nice to get away from all the big buildings and cities that people have built and let people start fresh! It would probably be a bit of work, yes, but the results would be worth it I think! I would even be more than willing to help with the work as I have too much free time on my hands at the moment, and have a small bit of knowledge in the area of server creation and whatnot, although I am sure rbos is more than capable ;)

Please let me know your thoughts on this idea asap, so that we dont lose a valuable map if we decide we want to keep it!

Thanks
Doozy

Re: Temp Map Added To Actual Map?

Post by Doozy »

The nature of a temp map is to be temporary, and I've yet to see anything worth keeping on this map, aside from some quite impressive craters. (And Pachua's work, but he doesn't count, being an AI) Anything built in the past few days can surely be recreated easily, and there will be plenty of room around the new spawn to feel isolated, should people put in the effort to travel. There will also be new areas in other parts of the map, far from spawns.

This has already been said by several moderators in-game, but server resources are finite, and this map of shanties and griefings is hardly worthy of the space.
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

I agree with dooz.
So, DENIED.
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
Gubble1234

Post by Gubble1234 »

Ne need to be horrible about it... -_-
ChineseAnonymous

Post by ChineseAnonymous »

Fresh start: Ask to remove all protection zones, destroy everything one made, dunk all ores and possessions in general into a pool of lava, waste all your money, and finally end your life and express on the server how you've been reborn.

Chinese da backseat driver.
... Has left the Novylen building! Ciao!
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

I vote no on the idea, the temp map is used for just 1.8 and tnt :D.
Just because bukkit is down because of the update.