Mayor group proposal

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.

Is this a good idea?

Yes
30%
No
30%
Maybe
40%

Total votes: 10

Dr_Obvious

Mayor group proposal

Post by Dr_Obvious »

I have talked about this a couple times in-game and finally decided to make a formal, full version of my suggestion. Adding the mayor group/rank would be beneficial to the towns that populate this fine server. With this mayor group/rank, people who have founded a substatially big/important area would get this group/rank to help maintain their town/area. As help to maintain their town/area, people in this group/rank would receive some extra powers. These powers would most likely be to have more /kit commands and maby some teleport commands such as /bring. Some suggested kits would probly be for roads, and repairing the landscape. Also, these kit would vary depending on the type of town or landscape it is in. An example of this would be SnowVille or Rio Bravo. For roads in S.V. you would get halfblocks in a kit, in R.B. you would have gravel in a kit. As for specific kits, for S.V. you would get snow layers and/or ice, and for R.B. you would get sand, for fixing landscape.
Of course there would be a catch in being in this group. Either you'd have to be respected by admins, mods, and/or the community, or you'd have to donate.

These are all just suggestions and may be changed, discarded, or added to.

I hope to hear your idea(s) on this topic! Thank you for considering.
Last edited by Dr_Obvious on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is this a signature, OR A HUGE CHEESY TACO :D

Ebilruler

Re: Mayor group proposal

Post by Ebilruler »

I suggest making this a poll to see others opinions on this topic...
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

Ebilruler wrote:I suggest making this a poll to see others opinions on this topic...
I should actually do that...good idea!

kleril

Post by kleril »

I think this is a good idea, but as rbos has stated before, he doesn't want a bajillion kits to manage. It'd be nice, but I just don't see it happening.
Tiel424

Post by Tiel424 »

Poll results are in:

Maybe: Unanimous :D
After all is said and built, more is said than built.
Do not count your glass blocks before they are smelted.
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

Well...its 50% 50% split between maybe and yes...so its more on the upside :D

Dee

Post by Dee »

well, i would not include the kits, and i think this idea would be excellent if you could add not another colour but an addition to peoples usernames say... an asterisk. ( *Dr_Obvious) i don't know if this is possible at the time, and maybe it will be in the future but otherwise this isn't gonna go over to well, there would be so many different colours if we made all the subgroups.
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

Dee wrote:well, i would not include the kits, and i think this idea would be excellent if you could add not another colour but an addition to peoples usernames say... an asterisk. ( *Dr_Obvious) i don't know if this is possible at the time, and maybe it will be in the future but otherwise this isn't gonna go over to well, there would be so many different colours if we made all the subgroups.
There is such thing as a "title". So instread of a colour you could have a talt infont of your name with something like * or "mayor" or anything else... Plus all that I have stated IS possible.