Premium Accounts-Possible benefits?

General minecraft-related chat.
Tiel424

Premium Accounts-Possible benefits?

Post by Tiel424 »

I have a few ideas for contributer.
1: Reserved spot in the server. For those of us who get errors and come back to find the server is full withing the .5 seconds it took to log back in.
After all is said and built, more is said than built.
Do not count your glass blocks before they are smelted.
rbos

Re: Premium Accounts-Possible benefits?

Post by rbos »

I happen to agree. Reserved slots, however, could lead to too many people logged in. While *technically* we can have 30 people logged in (which was pretty cool), we need to limit ourselves to 150kb/sec (our upload cap), which means 15 users tops. So I can't do reserved slots right now. If we were hard-capped, I could allow it because then lag would force people off as it got close to the cap, but it's not, so we could easily go over, and then subsequently get accused of trying to scam Shaw into giving us a high-bandwidth account.

The ideal solution will involve implementing a user queue, and then allowing members priority in that queue, instead of having to wait at the end.

If you want to put in a good word for my plugin/mod request, see http://forum.hey0.net/viewtopic.php?id=202 and comment there. Maybe someone will get interested or inspired to write it.