Empire of the Britons!

For all community projects (towns, collaborations)
Gubble1234

Empire of the Britons!

Post by Gubble1234 »

Greetings all!

Recently, I have decided to try and bring people together across the world of Novylen. To do this, I have established the Empire of the Britons, with me as the Head of State (Yes, that means King)! It is centred around my town, but the other towns/territories that are part of it are not necessarily governed by me directly. I am still expanding it, and changing rules that go with it as I go along, but so far it is as follows:

:grass: Territories - Owners :grass:
Parkville - TheParkey54
Banoi - frank62899
Olympus, Mountainville, Modtopia - Amixalot
Dirtopolis - Weresdrim

:diamond: Rules and Regulations :diamond:
If you have been invited to join the Empire of the Britons, I consider you a friend on the server, and your buildings/towns have been deemed worthy of flying the imperial flag! Therefore, to remain part of the Empire of the Britons, you must respect other members and their buildings, regardless of personal differences you may have. If members feel that you no longer have the right to remain in the Empire, there will be a meeting in the Imperial Chamber where discussions will be held, and votes cast as to what your future will be among us. Apart from rules governing the whole Empire agreed by the leaders, you may govern your lands as you see fit, providing they are governed fairly. More will follow once meetings have been organised and more rules are decided.

:gold: Trade :gold:
Where possible, members are encouraged to trade with/buy from other members of the Empire, to ensure we all prosper. To help achieve this, there will be an Imperial Trading Hall built, with a link to most territories to make it easilly accessible. Members are also encouraged to export goods to people who aren't members by creating shops in diferent locations throughout the world. Allowances may be granted to those who wish to set up a shop in the form of resorces, advice or a building to house the shop.

:torch: New Membership :torch:
If you would like to join the Empire of the Britons, there are a few steps that must be taken. First of all, you can either contact me on minecraft, or post in this thread. Once you have applied, existing members will review your territory, you as a player and what you can bring to the Empire. This can be a lengthy process, ranging from a day to a week, so please be patient. Finally, the existing members will vote on it, with the majority winning. If it is a draw, there shall be more deliberating and another vote. If you are accepted, congratulations, if not apologies. You must wait at least two weeks before submitting another application.

:bookshelf: Other Information :bookshelf:
The Empire is centred around my nation, the Kingdom of the Britons. It is a town I have worked on with little input from anyone other than resorces and help putting a few things together. It is an island a fair distance from other towns, but I am planning to expand onto the mainland when the time is right. I regularly have prebuilt houses for sale in the capital, they are fairly cheap as I can afford to reduce the price thanks to my rather large stash of precious items. There are numerous shops there, providing all you could need to to have a happy life there. On top of having affordable houses for sale, there are shop buildings there that usually sell for around 20 coins each.

Kingdom of the Britons National Anthem - Rule Britannia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHNfvJc9 ... re=related
Empire of the Britons National Anthem - God Save The King (Replace Queen with King as it would be if there were a King on the British Throne) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy6Nk

More to come...

PLEASE NOTE: If I haven't asked you to join the Empire, dont be offended! I know a lot of people like to work alone, so this wouldnt be suited to them. Also, I have only recently set this up, so I may not have seen you!

Ideas and friendly comments are welsome, however, this thread is really only for the benefit of those that are in the Empire, or people applying. If you have nothing positive to say, dont say it. Thanks.
Last edited by Gubble1234 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MrEpiclegendzz

Re: Empire of the Britons!

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

Pff, you as king? what a joke! :P

Your text is too long to read for me, sorry :P
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
dograffe

Post by dograffe »

Cool idea gubble can i join?
So What?
SO DRAGOn
Gubble1234

Post by Gubble1234 »

Do you have any land/towns? If so, could you provide me with a stargate address (Or talk to me when im online if you dont have one) and the leaders shall review you! :D
dograffe

Post by dograffe »

Well I Have Bescart im also building a very big farm

bescart is just starting though the gate to bescart
So What?
SO DRAGOn
Gubble1234

Post by Gubble1234 »

Righty ho, I will start the review process soon!
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

Ahggghhgghg
My town... Owned by a true king :P
TERRIBLE!
I like the idea but my town must be independent
Though if you like you may use my trading area
East from spawn next to the melon farm
Make this idea less of a I am a king and all powerful then I'd join
Say if it was a list of towns that get helped by anyone who signs up to the list it would be OK
Basically what you have done is said:
I want to be king give me your land!

No offence though just helping
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

That's how empires work drim. You accept a ruler in exchange for protection and trade opportunities. Lucky for you Gubble isn't the conquering type. If you don't want in, don't apply for entry.
amixalot

Post by amixalot »

Do the other towns help with building?
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

amixalot wrote:Do the other towns help with building?
It's a scam!
Just for kingship!