Banned

Post threads here related to server bans. If you want to contest a ban, place it here; if you as a moderator ban someone, create a thread here.
dj__jg

Banned

Post by dj__jg »

Apparently, i am banned for using X-ray in the jungle. I did not do that. As far as i have heard, the /pe was done by someone named Worse, and i do indeed recall looting his chests, as i have the habit of using block log to see if i'm not accidentally robbing my friends. The problem is though, i don't know what chests exactly you are talking about, so i can't tell my side of the story. Worse had A LOT of chests spread around a cave system/canyon. You might be referring to the 2 chests with the cobblestone walls around them. I have some PvP experience, and therefore i suspect every bit of cobblestone of hiding something, which it did indeed do in there. You might be referring to the big wheat farm with the 2 chests: there was a dog there, you can go check it, it wasn't mine, but it barked. If i hear a dog barking somewhere below me, my PvP/animal loving instincts kick in and i dig down, simple as that. You might be referring to the double chest buried in the huge cavern filled with dirt and grass, with the signs from noz and the long tunnel at the entrance. That one was in a suspicious small side cave, and the dirt hadn't turned into grass yet. The entrance to that base was blocked with gravel, in a not very natural formation (2*1, in the side of a hill, with 1 layer of dirt above). There was also another chest in the cave, also blocked with gravel, again in a 2*1 formation, and i didn't trust that either, given the fact that the entrance was blocked the very same way. I don't know if it is possible to see that in block-log.
To say it short, i can't defend my position, which is that i didn't use xray or any other kind of cheating, if you don't give more details on which chests i am accused of using X-ray on.
I really like this server, and i know my mcbans isn't totally clear (got banned once because of leaving a server angry after i had a discussion with a donator about the extent of playing PvP on a survival server, as he was camping my house, making it unable for me to get to my supplies and/or stuff). Sorry i didn't post this yesterday, but i had a school party, got home late and fell asleep on my couch.

Sorry if the english grammar is a bit off, it's not my native language.
*sorry for the huge amount of text, but i really like this server, and i tried to give as much information as i could recall after a pretty much sleepless night.
MrEpiclegendzz

Re: Banned

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

Hmm, maybe we were a little bit fast to ban you, but the 2 chests that you found were spread (across the room) and hidden in dirt, 1 underground and 1 up in the ceiling.. Explain us how you found those..

I think it would be the smart thing to ask mike and Imp what they think, and then we'll see if we unban, but to be honest, I think we should.
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
dj__jg

Post by dj__jg »

Sorry to bother you, but i saw a lot of rooms, was it the one with the signs from nozstik that it was his old base? Or somewhere else? Thanks for considering to unban me.
*edit: If i do not reply today, i have a lot of homework, and a bit of headache from to much jumping on tables and drinking cola...
rbos

Post by rbos »

I believe it was an honest mistaken ban. Unbanned. Xray is very hard to detect reliably, and honestly, Jungle should have higher standards of proof.
dj__jg

Post by dj__jg »

Thanks a lot for unbanning me, i just can't describe with words how you just made my day a lot better :D
Actually, i think this ban was not that awful for me, as i now had enough time to study for my greek exams:P
dj__jg

Post by dj__jg »

Ehm, server didn't hear you when you said unbanned i guess, still getting: xraying (ticket 1694)
Not very urgent, as i have some homework to make tonight, and wouldn't play a lot of mc anyway, but it would be nice if somebody could fix it. My playername is: dj__jg, if that helps.
Worse Doughnut

Post by Worse Doughnut »

Frankly,this is bull shit.

He dug straight to my chests, nothing but a direct line was removed by him, check the logs.

There was no dog. (I'm pretty sure wolves don't even spawn in Jungle)

One of the chests is behind a wall. There is nothing on that wall to denote the location of a chest, come check pe #1877 if you don't believe me.

And might I add, that no one, is that savvy in PvP. I can understand finding the base, hell there's a giant hole in it. Finding both chests on the other hand is just crap, and the fact that you believe it simply because he types out an explanation about gravel ratios is both pathetic and naive.

I have nothing else to say. You are all intelligent people, and should realize that digging out chests without touching any other block is clear evidence of using an x-ray texture.
rbos

Post by rbos »

WD - I'm sorry, but we have to give the benefit of the doubt as much as possible. Xray is difficult to prove conclusively, and it takes more than one incident to nail down a player. Coincidences really do happen.

If this policy bothers you, please bear in mind that you might end up being on the end of an xray accusation someday. How would you feel?
rbos

Post by rbos »

Also, is the username "dj" underscore underscore "jg"?
dj__jg

Post by dj__jg »

The username is indeed dj *underscore* *underscore* jg.