Items Despawning?

General minecraft-related chat.
Gubble1234

Items Despawning?

Post by Gubble1234 »

I have just been building in my tower (during the day may I add) and a creeper somehow managed to sneak up behind me and partake in the act of spontaniously exploding, taking me with it. I wasnt too bothered, because the item despawning glitch didnt seem to happen to me at all. However, when I got back to the tower (about 30 seconds later) all of my stuff had gone. After remaking my diamond tools, I went back, and another one of those sneaky buggers did the same thing. That time however, I lost ALL of my building materials for the tower, including a stack of glowstone, about 8 stacks of smooth slabs, about 5 stacks of smoothstone, about a stack and a half of coal, and my diamond tools I had just remade...

Is there any explination for why on earth these things are despawning? And would there be any chance of getting some of the coal and glowstone back please?
rbos

Re: Items Despawning?

Post by rbos »

I don't know. We fixed the item combining bug that was making creepers blow things up, but they shouldn't despawn that quickly.

I'll do some Google searches.
rbos

Post by rbos »

And you're sure they're just not invisible? That happens sometimes.
Pachua

Post by Pachua »

Been having issues with this too. Like Gubble, usually the items after death are clearly there. However, over the past 2 weeks that hasn't been the case. Have done combs of the area of my death, logged and relogged. Either very few or no items were present. Lost a lot of diamond tools and stacks of building supplies.

Haven't come up with any fruitful information from Google yet.
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

Jonashou complained of this yesterday as well, and I hadn't realized the creeper bug was supposed to be fixed. Perhaps it's not actually working?
Gubble1234

Post by Gubble1234 »

I combed the area for about 5 minutes, looked in water, on the bridge, nothing. And that same thing with Pachua happened where only one or two things were there once too. Im sure when I was near Mercymike once, he died and his items despawned too. It is somewhat annoying really :/ Will help solve this in any way I can, but I wouldnt know where to start looking on the web for info :L
rbos

Post by rbos »

The new bukkit might have solved this issue. I'm going to avoid CB++ for now, I think it caused more problems than it solved.