Novylen Freebuild Server

General minecraft-related chat.
Worse Doughnut

Novylen Freebuild Server

Post by Worse Doughnut »

Okay, assuming everyone here is familiar with the free Classic servers playable in-browser on minecraft.net, last night I decided to start my server up again. I felt that it would not only be a way to expand our player base, but also get the word out for Novylen.

http://www.minecraft.net/classic/play/e ... 14af68674d
Above is the link to the server, or you can find us on the server list here: http://www.minecraft.net/classic/list
The server name is mc.novylen.net Freebuild [NEW]
The ranks and corresponding name colors on the server are:

Guest - white
Builder - Light Green
Adv Builder - Dark Green
Donator - Dark Blue
Moderators - Light Blue
Ops - Red
SuperOps - Yellow

The Donator rank will be for those who have donated to the Novylen SMP, so if you're a donator you'll start with that rank by default.

Feel free to ask any questions, and yeah. That's it.
Last edited by Worse Doughnut on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rbos

Re: Novylen Freebuild Server

Post by rbos »

I'd have to think about it. I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm a little annoyed that it uses my 'trademark', so to speak, and I'm a little annoyed that you did it first without asking. It feels like you're trying to force yourself into the administrative structure. Any arrangement would have to CLEARLY delineate responsibilities, and as such I'd want an arrangement between independent servers, not a sub-server of my own that I have no say in.

A couple of interim questions:

Making sure banned players are consistent between servers?
I don't want banned players going BLARGHARHGL on the other server with no way to stop them.
Making annoying questions from one server not cross over to another server?

It feels like you are dumping a bunch of work into my lap without actually telling me about it first.
rbos

Post by rbos »

There's also the question of how to syncronize membership lists.
Worse Doughnut

Post by Worse Doughnut »

If there is a public listing of banned players, I can easily add all their names to the ban list on this end.
Same goes for a list of donators, if that's what you mean by members.

And no, I'm not trying to force myself anywhere. I was going to host this sever regardless, and advertise Novylen as the SMP no matter what. The fact that I connected it to the IRC was simply me testing the new additions that were added to the console GUI. Besides, every time I host a creative server, I point everyone to you guys, this is nothing new.

And fyi, I don't think I'll keep the IRC idea up-and-running. It clutters the chat, and as we already saw, it just confuses people.
Worse Doughnut

Post by Worse Doughnut »

Rob, we've got our first donation via the Creative Server. Is there anyway to confirm the following?

Username: Dougyfreak890
Amount: $5

Don't bother adding him to the SMP donator list, I don't think he owns Minecraft.

----

To clarify, this donation was to Rob, not myself. It was done via the PayPal link on the website.