Yomama_s unjust ban appeal

Post threads here related to server bans. If you want to contest a ban, place it here; if you as a moderator ban someone, create a thread here.
yomama

Yomama_s unjust ban appeal

Post by yomama »

I logged in a couple days ago to play with some of my irl friends on the server. Within the first hour of me logging into the server I had admins accusing me of "xraying". I don't see the reasoning behind this. I will admit I have a light mod that lets me see clearing in dark areas (No need for torches). But I do not have xray. I was talking to my friends today explaining this whole thing and they didn't understand either. The reason I had so many diamonds is cuz A: the admins made the ground clear for some reason and I was able to see through to only the ore blocks. B: I have light mod, no need to collect torches. C: I actually just got lucky while mining randomly. I was going crazy IRL with all those diamonds, I was so lucky! Then you guys gotta ban me for unjust causes and ruin my day...
Doozy

Re: Yomama_s unjust ban appeal

Post by Doozy »

No bans listed under the name yomama_s.
yomama

Post by yomama »

-.- My name is Yomama_......
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

Then you should have typed Yomama_'s
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

Suuuuure the "admins" made the "ground clear". That's what xray does. Given your ban history, I call bullshit, and request you cease wasting our time. Good day.
Zaneo

Post by Zaneo »

Which admin made the ground clear?
"That line you read, of course is mine, however, read so badly, it sounds like yours" -- Roman Noble
yomama

Post by yomama »

You call bullshit.....wtf i'm serious, Jbos or Jhos I forget his name made the ground clear while he was following me! I then saw the ore and mined it..... I cant explain any better then this..... I hope you actually think about this before you make assumptions. Why would I argue this much If I was not telling the truth! I hate servers like this that ban new players just because they think something! Gah I have been banned from like 4 servers from assumptions that were never clarified... I hoped this would be different. My friends promised a good server, Im losing faith.
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

I doubt an admin made the ground clear, but I am willing to give you a second chance. BUT that's just me, and if we would catch you using X-ray, or you doing something else stupid, It will be a perma ban right away.

But it's not my call.
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
dragslayar

Post by dragslayar »

ok, so just to clarify, you think that an admin made the blocks around you invisible? Except for ore blocks? and then you go on to contradict your self saying that it was luck you found them even though you just said it was because you could see them?

Also to answer your question of "Why would I argue this much If I was not telling the truth". It is because if you are lieing, you would continue to backup your story, and argue that it's true regardless.

But i'm just a humble greenie.

You'd have to argue your 'point' to the admins.
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
Zaneo

Post by Zaneo »

yomama wrote:You call bullshit.....wtf i'm serious, Jbos or Jhos I forget his name made the ground clear while he was following me! I then saw the ore and mined it..... I cant explain any better then this.....
The reason I asked, is because the only admin know to have ever done anything remotely close to this is jacksowhat. Which from talking to him, and reviewing the server logs, I can guarantee Jack didn't do this. As you pointed out the admin tailing you was 'rbos' the owner of the server, he an I had a nice chat about the entire time he was following you.

The reason people doubt you is because of the way the rendering engine works in minecraft. It is very common to have chunks missing, and the ability to see through the ground as if it is clear... but that is exactly it it draws everything as clear (or full dark which a separate bug)... save for exposed blocks and lava/water. Here is the kicker, exposed blocks(excluding lava which produces its own light) show up as full dark.

Not true you might say, in some cases it draws the surrounding chunks when a single or few chunks are missing. You would be correct this is indeed possible, however...
  • Placement of blocks
  • Destruction of blocks
  • Re-flowing of water or lava
  • Freezing or melting of ice
  • Gravel or sand landing from a fall
  • Movement of blocks by pistons, and the movement of pistons themselves
  • Endermen picking up and putting down blocks
  • Sheep eating grass
  • Growth of plants other than trees, including:
  • Wheat
  • Mushrooms
  • Sugar Cane
  • Flowers
  • Tall Grass
  • Cactus
  • Pumpkins, Melons, and their stems
  • Nether wart
  • Leaf growth and decay
  • Growth and death of grass
  • Dirt becoming tilled soil, soil becoming moist, soil reverting to dirt (but this can be more easily detected with a repeater)
  • Fire igniting or burning out
  • Redstone ore starting to glow, or stopping
  • Changes in redstone state or power level, and activation of redstone devices
  • Setting the delay on a repeater
  • Getting in or out of a bed
  • A furnace starting to smelt, or finishing
  • Opening or closing a door, trapdoor, or Fence Gate
  • Inserting or removing Music Discs from a jukebox
  • Placing an Eye of Ender in an Ender Portal block
  • Rails changing orientation
  • TNT igniting and becoming an entity
  • Silverfish entering a block
  • Placing or retrieving water from a cauldron via glass bottle.
Would all cause a block update which is likely to reset the chunk to full drawn for you.

Assuming that none of this happened which is __possible__ you cheated, plain and simple. Exploiting a bug in the game to obtain items you wouldn't previously have acquired in that matter is pretty well the definition of cheating. I'm acting on the notion that you've played in other servers as your use of "good server" insinuates that you have a base value to compare to. Provide me with the names of all the server you previously played on, and I will personally visit them and ask if support users exploiting bugs in order to gain advantages over other players(assuming that the server is run by a third party that is unaffiliated with you). If the majority of them have allowed such a thing(two thirds majority) then I will admit that you didn't know better, for lack of evidence to the contrary.

Cheating -- Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination.

If you honestly think that an admin provided you the knowledge of an entire chunks ore contents you have seriously misjudged the atmosphere of this server.
"That line you read, of course is mine, however, read so badly, it sounds like yours" -- Roman Noble