Permanent Donator Status?

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
weresdrim

Permanent Donator Status?

Post by weresdrim »

I was wondering if the donator status could be changed so that if you donate $20 dollars or more you would have permanent donator status. I know this may not keep the server running to well, but it may pay off. I would've donated a long time ago if it were permanent, I don't have the time to spend most of my time on novylen to get my run for my money. Idk about anyone else but I'd like this a lot better and I think others would agree.
rbos

Re: Permanent Donator Status?

Post by rbos »

It's not a terrible idea. $40 or something for a permanent supporter account.

I can't remember why I thought it was a bad idea, maybe I was wrong.
Devov

Post by Devov »

I need to renew my sub and would be interested in this sort of thing.
rbos

Post by rbos »

I hate digging into the paypal code, it's such a pain. >_<

I'll work on it this weekend. It's in my agenda and everything.
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

Not trying to be pushy or anything, but I'd be happy to pay $50 if this was implemented soon ;)

Also some of my suggestions of the donator perks:
1. Teleportation to players (Cost's 5 pence and has a cool down of 5 mins or something?)
2. A spot at spawn showing all who have donated to the server? (or somewhere else important) Also at this sign they can write something on it themselves (e.g. Something personal, and maybe an advert for their shop or town?)
3. (I can't think of :P)
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

Another thing:
The main reason I want the permanent donator status is because I don't want to be tied down to novylen to get some perks worth. I come on novylen for about 1 day every week, I won't ever leave the server though. If it were permanent I could log on and off as a please without thinking: "If I don't play now, my perks will run out". It's like a WoW subscription.