Religion Versus Aethiesm

General minecraft-related chat.
TheButch

Religion Versus Aethiesm

Post by TheButch »

I'm sorry to take this battle to a minecraft forum site, but I'm extremely passionate about my atheism. Of course, as with every battle, there IS a winner, in this case, however, there is not sufficient evidence to persuade every single person to one side. In fact, more people are religious than not. So, now I ask for your opinions.

As previously mentioned, I am an aethiest. My reasoning is simple:

Lack of evidence is evidence of lack. I.e. Unless evidence is provided to back up the point that there is a 'true religion' religion is most probably not real.
What about holy books, then? There are hundreds of religions, and about 21 major ones. Most major religions have a holy book, which explains the religion and the stories on which the religion is based. Due to the hundreds of holy books out there it is improbable that any single one is true.

But then, how is lack of evidence evidence of lack? If a meteor suddenly crashes into earth did it just come into existence? Does something need to be perceived by somebody to exist? The logical answer is, of course, no; however, without evidence of religion there is no proof of that religion, therefore backing up the claims made by atheism.

There is, of course, the fact that a god is unrealistic when sticking to the laws of science. Just keep in mind that this is RELIGION versus atheism, not god vs atheism.
Chris72

Re: Religion Versus Aethiesm

Post by Chris72 »

Why did you post this on the "General" forum? This isn't minecraft-related at all..

Also, I don't see the reason to post this..
I once had an owl. Now I have a dog.
[url=htt://s09.flagcounter.com/more/iKRA]Image[/url]
img]http://i.imgur.com/GMC6p.png[/img it's gone
dragslayar

Post by dragslayar »

1. no, post this in off topic

2. no, this discussion in stupid.

3. I quote Neil deGrasse Tyson,

"It’s odd that the word atheist even exists. I don’t play golf. Is there a word for non-golf players? Do non-golf players gather and strategize? Do non-skiers have a word and come together and talk about the fact that they don’t ski? I don’t—I can’t do that. I can’t gather around and talk about how much everybody in the room doesn’t believe in God."
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

Yaaa I don't see the point in a banned person posting a controversial topic in our general forum. Regardless of opinion, I'm gonna lock this before it starts any flaming.