UnCrafting Table

General minecraft-related chat.
weresdrim

UnCrafting Table

Post by weresdrim »

Not sure why I'm posting this here but I thought I might!

I'm working on a mod called the UnCrafting Table Mod. It should be obvious to you as to what it does but incase it's not... It does the opposite of what a crafting table does.

Chances are I'll get bored of coding or something like that but I'll try to work on it :)

Feedback would be appreciated as to how I should go with the features of the block and other stuffs.
This mod is more a "First Mod" rather then a real mod but I'll see what I can do.
I'm using Forge Mod Loader btw.

Tell me your thoughts on whether the UnCrafting should cost something, if so what? What it's recipe should be? It's texture?
Chris72

Re: UnCrafting Table

Post by Chris72 »

Sounds nice, that you are making a mod.
So it makes for example planks to wood? And chests to planks?
I once had an owl. Now I have a dog.
[url=htt://s09.flagcounter.com/more/iKRA]Image[/url]
img]http://i.imgur.com/GMC6p.png[/img it's gone
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

I suggest making it so that tools, armor, weapons, etc give less materials if they are used. For example, if an iron chestplate is 1/2 used, it give back 4 iron ingots instead of 8.
...The flowing time... The expanding space... I will make it all mine one day... Cyrus is my name. Remember it...
weresdrim

Post by weresdrim »

The durability will take away the amount of items you get from it of course.
In case you aren't familiar there are different data values for each block and item, there are also sub values called meta data values. A block of wool is block ID 35 (I think) but a block of magenta wool is 35 with a meta data of 1 (I think). Same works for ink sacs, a dye will be known as Inksac:1 instead of what it's called.

So basically a tool with damage on it is a different ID. I can make it so that a diamond which has 1/3 of durability will give you 1 diamond, one with 2/3 will give 2 and full pickaxe will give 3. Not sure how a diamond shovel will work so if anyone has any ideas please tell.

And yeah Chris, you put in a chest and get 8 planks.
For things like cookies which give you 8 I'd have to be 8 cookies to get 1 cocoa bean and 2 wheat.