Suggestion: Skyblock & more plug-ins.

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
nolimit679

Suggestion: Skyblock & more plug-ins.

Post by nolimit679 »

Hey guys, figured i'd toss a couple things out there.

1.Skyblock-i love skyblock!

2. more plug-ins-: i remember when i first started playing here we had runecraft, treemod, secret chests, auctions, etc.... i honestly think we could use more plug-ins, i have also heard that somebody updated the tree mod. how well it would work on our server is a diff matter but i know its been updated. Many awesome things are out now....until 1.5 that is.....

just some suggestions, happy minecrafting!!

p.s.: Christmas trees!
Doozy

Re: Suggestion: Skyblock & more plug-ins.

Post by Doozy »

1: What is Skyblock?

2: We're always open to suggestions for new plug ins that are bukkit compatible and don't make things... easier. Rbos particularly likes things that make the server more RP, and particularly dislikes /command dependant ones. Just link them on the forums and we'll consider them.

Most recently we retrieved our Treasure Hunt plug in, for big fun times, and you've probably noticed RealWeather has made things a bit more.. Canadian in many areas. Sadly Runecraft may never make it back, as it has a history of being either broken or allowing exploits. As to tree plug ins, we do need a new one to cut down on hover-trees. Previously we were using ChopTree, but if there's a current good one, please link! Thanks.
Max310310

Post by Max310310 »

Here is a link to the skyblock forum:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/600 ... -skyblock/

It is basically a L shaped island with a single tree and a chest with one ice block and one lava bucket. It is a fun map unless you are a klutz like me and fall off repeatedly.

Nolimit, you could probably make your own sky block island on the server by your self if you really wanted to.
Pachua

Post by Pachua »

Actually that SkyBlock thing looks pretty fun. Could probably have a separate world with separate inventories to make surviving on those little floating dirt things pretty challenging and rewarding.

Also, there seems to be some activity with ChopTree2:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/choptree2/
Still under development.
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

Wait, who's pachua again?
Welcome back :P
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

Hmm, that could be a fun use for one of our lapsed sideworlds. Be interesting to see a floating wooden metropolis evolve.

We'd have to work out some system of getting your own island when spawning. I take it part of the challenge is not falling off? If so, we only have to worry about spawning the island and getting players to them. Maybe we could adapt /tpr for it. I assume it would only tp people to areas of land, not empty space. Then all a player has to do is tpr till they find an island without a region on it, then file to have it protected. If you fall off, you have to start over. I'd be willing to run a monthly clean up of abandoned islands to help keep the map small.
nolimit679

Post by nolimit679 »

Hey sorry i haveent gotten back sooner, been working alot lately. anyways, as far as the skyblock go's, ive seen about 5-6 different versions of it so far, everything from skyblock only servers to servers with a skyblock portion etc etc. the main similarity to them are the commands. to start new islands you do (depending on plugin) /island new or /skyblock new. also, if you lose (like falling off with the bucket) you use /skyblock or /island delete. some servers also have party commands to add people to your island etc... u nfortunately this is about as far as my knowledge on this go's. I noticed a link to the skyblock forums, i'd suggest starting there for anything further, their is some awesomely helpful people there.
Pachua

Post by Pachua »

MrEpiclegendzz wrote:Wait, who's pachua again?
Welcome back :P
Doohoohoo. Why thank you. I haven't been on in a while, but I'm also here all the time. Magic is at work.
Doozy wrote: Hmm, that could be a fun use for one of our lapsed sideworlds. Be interesting to see a floating wooden metropolis evolve.

We'd have to work out some system of getting your own island when spawning. I take it part of the challenge is not falling off? If so, we only have to worry about spawning the island and getting players to them. Maybe we could adapt /tpr for it. I assume it would only tp people to areas of land, not empty space. Then all a player has to do is tpr till they find an island without a region on it, then file to have it protected. If you fall off, you have to start over. I'd be willing to run a monthly clean up of abandoned islands to help keep the map small.
This would be an excellent setup.
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

Sounds perdy fun.
/dial tristar
ValorCat

Post by ValorCat »

Looks pretty cool. By the way, does anyone know what plugin is used to change a player's rank after a period of time?
Fellowship CFO