Map expansion

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
kleril

Map expansion

Post by kleril »

Rbos, can you expand the map by a lot? esp. on the north side? I found a great area for CTF, and fenced most of it off. Unfortunately, I got stuck and had to warp home before placing a tele. I hope that with an expanded map I can relocate the area and finish the job.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: miraculously found my area, but I still think this is a good idea.
bill753

Re: Map expansion

Post by bill753 »

I'm not sure what happened to the map... I found the location of my base by using the map, but it no longer extends far enough west to see it (it's by the bank). Would be nice to be able to see it again.
rbos

Post by rbos »

Hm.. The con to that is that I'd like to have an area of the map where people can build if they don't want their stuff to show up on the server map.

I was thinking I'd expand it once the south area of the map fills up a bit, probably by the end of the year. I'll be moving spawn down way south, to help with new terrain generation.
Zaneo

Post by Zaneo »

Rob fifth spawn?
"That line you read, of course is mine, however, read so badly, it sounds like yours" -- Roman Noble
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

no...fourth...unless you count the une that was like just a few days :P...
And I hope that teleporters will stay...if spawn's moving south...I need a way to get back to first spawn without walking :)
Is this a signature, OR A HUGE CHEESY TACO :D

rbos

Post by rbos »

/warp thirdspawn, for most people. Runecraft is going to take a couple days, apparently. :/

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 12&t=29244
bill753

Post by bill753 »

I just realised that I can actually still my area on the map... I got a bit confused as to its location. So I'm not bothered about expanding it. There's vast amounts of wilderness on the map, let alone off it.