Of course. A Vanilla server

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
WilsonSeth1996

Of course. A Vanilla server

Post by WilsonSeth1996 »

I really would enjoy playing simple minecraft once again. I love the mods/plugins that make this game what it is. But they also set draw backs. Having all these farms that cause lag in the world is understanding. But maybe larger farms would be discussed and built as a group. so theres not multiple in the world. Also i have found myself relying heavily on stargates and ./home and other commands. and i believe pvp off would be beneficial, people would not treat it as a hardcore world and kill and pillage others stuff (as much) i get there will be people that insist on doing this but hopefully it would not be too bad. and if this turns out very unsuccessful. You could just take it down. but i have asked a few people if they would play it. And they said they would. however i know previously vanilla has been unsuccessful. but lots of people have tons of fun on the temp maps and it just a suggest. -Wilson
TacoDogSheep

Re: Of course. A Vanilla server

Post by TacoDogSheep »

We did have a Vanilla server. It was a map of the world we played in when the server was on the 1.5 temp map. It was taken down because no one went on. If there were to be one I think PvP on would be good, mostly because sometimes someone won't leave you alone/steal or grief your things, so you have to kill them. Vanilla might be put up (idk up to rbos) because no one really uses the factions server.

*EDIT*: Oops, didn't see the bottom part of the post explaining temp maps.
/dial tristar
WilsonSeth1996

Post by WilsonSeth1996 »

I do know that people often didnt use the vanilla server. And the reason i dont really want pvp is because i dont want it to turn into just a second faction server. And everyone hiding from eachother and what not, i think it would be neat if people built things and what not. But of course i see your point with it being on. but i wouldnt want that to be the main focus of the world
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

I see your point, the temp map was still quite fun playing with everyone. It is just that you still kind of have to hide because of item theft and griefing from some players.
/dial tristar
WilsonSeth1996

Post by WilsonSeth1996 »

Yeah im aware it'll happen possibly have logblock sitting in the background of everything. (even though its supposed to be vanilla) It would keep the honest people honest. sort of like a lock, it influences people not to do something. but in the end they can always get around it or use bolt cutters. but if it does happen itll also be there to front the person and/or report him or her.
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

Another option would be to run a land claims system. Everyone gets one claim, anything built outside a claim better be hidden, or obsidian.
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

Or just add log block and LWC?
/dial tristar
WilsonSeth1996

Post by WilsonSeth1996 »

Hmm, either would work. But i just think it would be nice to have a server with out filters and mob limits and such, but at the trade off for lack of ./home and stargates. (which also causes lag)