Building Contests

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
TacoDogSheep

Building Contests

Post by TacoDogSheep »

Hello, an idea recently popped into my head about building contests. I was thinking periodically (monthly, every two weeks?) there would be a type of build you have to do in creative. In the projects section, someone would post something like [BUILD] -insert type of build here-. And inside the thread there would be rules and the judges, and more information about the style. The builds would be on the plots in creative and in the forum you would put your name into the thread and you would be entered! After a week or so the builds can be judged by some people and the winner would win some goodies in creative or something. Also I think the judges should be the top 3 people from the last build. Maybe the first ever judges could be some mods? Also the criteria could be Originality, Attention to detail, Function (redstone?), and maybe some other areas. Just a suggestion, have a nice day! :)

~Taco
/dial tristar
dragslayar

Re: Building Contests

Post by dragslayar »

I've discovered that posting contests on the forums yields no attention. After several filed attempts.
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
Doozy

Post by Doozy »

Its true, I also have tried. I think the last contest to get submissions was 2 years ago.

*Not that its a bad idea. Just that our forums don't seem lively enough for it.
TacoDogSheep

Post by TacoDogSheep »

/yeah, I guess I can agree with you on there, this forum is somewhat "dead"...
/dial tristar