Server world plugin suggestion

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.
LeDrewxcore

Server world plugin suggestion

Post by LeDrewxcore »

With any possibility of a new world in the future, I would like to put the suggestion of adding the plugin PhatLoots and it's companion Lores. Both Plugins are fully customizable and go well with other plugins, such as McMMO ;).

The plugins themselves can add quite a bit of colour to the side world and may increase interest in it.
Doozy

Re: Server world plugin suggestion

Post by Doozy »

We do have something like Lore working atm, if you've tried any /kit lately you'll find a bit more flavour than usual. Not sure if that's otherdrops working, or if we actually have Lore.
Phatloots sounds a lot like the results of our treasure hunt chests without the treasure hunt.

Probably the biggest drain for things like this is rbos having to customize each thing, is there anywhere we could get something like a package of flavoured items and exotic chests already coded up? I agree it would be fun for an mcmmo server, something that's been mentioned as a replacement for factions. Maybe we could get people to post ideas for cool items here, and assign a steward to that world to implement them.
LeDrewxcore

Post by LeDrewxcore »

I checked the config files for the Plugin, appears that there is one default loot table for chests, but the chests have to be added to the loot table manually. Mobs drops would have to be set up manually as well it seems.

Not sure if there are preset config files for the plug ins, at least they aren't linked on the plugin pages.
rbos

Post by rbos »

letting players change lore text sounds like fun. Dunno about the loot one though, I'll read it later.