Post by Zaneo »

Automated Transit systems.

[Tutorial 1]

[Tutorial 2]

[Tutorial 3]

~ From AlmtyBob

[Minecraft Transit Authority]

Prepare to shit bricks.
"That line you read, of course is mine, however, read so badly, it sounds like yours" -- Roman Noble
Lazureus

Re: Future of Minecarts

Post by Lazureus »

Yea.. I have a couple of videos on that thread.. I've managed to come up with a pretty stable Minecart hub and boosting station.

also been playing with a lot of redstone logic circuits. so I hope they will be stabilized for multiplayer soon.
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

It be cool to have a map wide train system. It would take alot of work, but with the people who dont have lives on this server, i think we could find some time ;)
Is this a signature, OR A HUGE CHEESY TACO :D

rbos

Post by rbos »

At the very least, the roadways will have rail. We can build stations along them.
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

like at the major towns or stuff...and than each town can have its own railway that connects to the main railway :D
Is this a signature, OR A HUGE CHEESY TACO :D

Zaneo

Post by Zaneo »

Jack and I came up with this,
Station

At the end of the station the cart waits for you to hop off, then a signal is send to another cart that comes and picks up the old cart and sends it to storage, if the storage is full it falls back into an overflow file. On the other side a cart is waiting for you , there is a cart in storage indicator that we built in the next revision which lets you know if there are carts in the stack. When you hop on the cart it sends you off, and away from the station.

This takes up a 20*20 and the logic parts that are underground go down 5 layers only in some specific spots.
"That line you read, of course is mine, however, read so badly, it sounds like yours" -- Roman Noble
Lazureus

Post by Lazureus »

Zaneo wrote:Jack and I came up with this,
*SNIP*
There is a huge flaw in that design...
Booster1 and Booster2 are constantly running. Which means after they keep gathering momentum and bug out...
What you need is a dead-drop to remove the momentum after every round.

I built this little booster station.. I have yet to have it bug out. Click on the image to view the larger version.
Zaneo

Post by Zaneo »

We have yet to have our continuous cart system bug out...
Lazureus

Post by Lazureus »

Zaneo wrote:We have yet to have our continuous cart system bug out...
Ok then.. another question.. How is the power output for going up hills? It kinda looks like there isn't enough surface area for booster 2 to really kick the riding cart off.
Zaneo

Post by Zaneo »

Booster 2 gives the cart infinite speed, and the newer version is a tab bit modified, it uses a 3 cart booster, so that a cart can be boosted from either side.