Latency (yet again!)

General minecraft-related chat.
rbos

Latency (yet again!)

Post by rbos »

So, we're getting a "tier 3" technician out tomorrow.

It's definitely not minecraft, I can reproduce the latency by sending traffic (not even saturation-level traffic!) on the outbound pipe to any computer off that network.
18:59 <rtortore_> OK spoket o shaw again - they confirmed that this is a weird one - the connection is not saturated, but shouldn't be having this (duh) they are sending out a tier 3 network guru out/foreman to look at it tomorow
18:59 <rtortore_> (which i knew)
18:59 <rtortore_> so for now, we have to live with it, and have it repaired tomorrow
18:59 <rbos> huzzah
18:59 <rbos> hopefully :)
18:59 <rtortore_> sorry man .. I wish I could do more
18:59 <rbos> yeah me too
18:59 <rtortore_> if not I tolkd them to give us the server package to test to seeif that makes a difference :D
18:59 <rbos> you're already going above and beyond
18:59 <rtortore_> *talked
19:00 <rtortore_> Hey man - it is my job :) besdies I am doing the bitching for both of us
rbos

Re: Latency (yet again!)

Post by rbos »

Hm.. you know, I said half an hour, but I'm going to keep it offline. I'm tired of the whining, and I can do some map editing I've been meaning to get to.
rbos

Post by rbos »

Letting the map generator run full-tilt without having to go at low priority will also be very nice. A few things have been piling up. :)
Spire

Post by Spire »

Hey no worries, take as much downtime as needed to get this fixed and do what you need to do. Hope they are able to get it sorted tomorrow!
Tiel424

Post by Tiel424 »

No probs. I was wondering, though, why I kept running into caves lol.
After all is said and built, more is said than built.
Do not count your glass blocks before they are smelted.