BareBones Mode?

General minecraft-related chat.
Co12

BareBones Mode?

Post by Co12 »

I was on this server a lot more frequently a while back, and when I used to log in I would get a message saying the server was running in bare-bones mode to fix a memory leak. I would like this explained, as I currently am having issues getting rid of a memory leak on my own server. If rbos or someone else that may have been involved could explain to me what they did to solve the memory leak, it may be a great help. Thanks in advance.
~Co12
Zaneo

Re: BareBones Mode?

Post by Zaneo »

Some plugins don't work well with each other. The mode we were talking about is a hypothetical mode in which we disabled all the plugins. We then turned each plugin on one at a time, to find which ones were memory hogs. That doesn't always work though because sometimes it is a combination of plugins. In that case you will have to try different combinations while watching your cpu/ram usage.
"That line you read, of course is mine, however, read so badly, it sounds like yours" -- Roman Noble
Co12

Re: BareBones Mode?

Post by Co12 »

Thanks for the help. As it turns out, it may be a problem with either bukkit itself or java, so this method may not work so well. I've tried running bukkit with no plugins at all, and it still had the memory error.