Servers as they are

General minecraft-related chat.
bill753

Servers as they are

Post by bill753 »

Okay, so this is how I understand the servers are set:

1. Original and old map, now essentially set to creative mode, with no night, /item and worldedit.
2. Survival mode, with the map resetting every month.

Is this correct? And the way it's set to stay? Because I don't think it could be any worse; now the choice is between zero challenge and ridiculous buildings everywhere made of bedrock and diamond (where legitimately built things will be cheapened in worth by how easy it's become to build) or between a server where anything you build will be there for a maximum of 30 days. Neither option appeals to me even slightly.

In my opinion, the best option would be to start a new survival map, with contributors able to request one area of land (for example, your favourite building) to be copied from the old map - with all valuables stripped out.

I'm basing this post on having asked a few people and played a bit just now, I don't know if rbos is just putting them like this temporarily or not, but I hope so. I don't want to have to find another server to play on.
MrEpiclegendzz

Re: Servers as they are

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

I agree with bill. take new map, take chunks out of old map (like cathedral NC SV Hellworld etc) and place it in new map. but not stripping the things out of it. and then make it survival.. just like it used to be.
Maybe with /kit builder for members + or something? so u still have a little bit free build for the ppl who like that?
and i don't know if you can but make some areas mob free? maybe in future updates.. or let mods be able to do it:)
and if ppl bitch about things like i want this blablablatrolblabla then u just tell em no (Or mods do) and if he keeps asking mute or something.

I think this is what needs to happen. People who agree type something, if u don't agree type why you don't agree.

Some of us are thinking of making a poll about it for members+ only.

So please comment and say what u would like to see.
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
xxYamixx

Post by xxYamixx »

I would say this: I agree with taking strips out of the map and basicly start something new! As epic said people are probarly gonna be bitchin' about why that got moved and why didnt my base get moved, you get the drill... But i like the idea... What i don't get is if the server will be at the same direction....
#Yami is MLR Legit [Major League Russian]
unclechoo

Post by unclechoo »

Yea I agree. Neither of the two seem appealing to me. I mostly agree with everyone above.
Dr_Obvious

Post by Dr_Obvious »

I dont like change...im just putting that out right now..
and its not just chnage in the server..but change in general...so i pretty much like brinign the best of both worlds (haha get it :D cause its like to virtual worlds :D...ya i know..cheesy joke..)
so what ever is stated above i pretty much agree
Is this a signature, OR A HUGE CHEESY TACO :D