Strange Roll back

General minecraft-related chat.
DeathsVisage

Strange Roll back

Post by DeathsVisage »

Hello,

I am having a bit of an issue at the moment. Every time I DC or log out. When I come back in, all my inventory has returned. I am in a different house (same one each time but not my Hovel) All the work I have done is gone.
Then if I travel from one area to another, when I return to the first area all the work I have done is gone.

Like earlier, I was working on Amix's Pantheon and had all but two inner walls complete and got DCed.
When I came back, everything I had been doing for the last 5 hours and 39 minutes was gone.
Everything! Even the stuff Amix had done with me.

This is very very dis heartening since All the Materials that we used to do it are gone. And all the work is gone as well.
I am hoping something can be done, because 5 hours and 39 minutes is a long time for it all to be lost.

Thank you,
DeathsVisage
Helper of all.
Pachua

Re: Strange Roll back

Post by Pachua »

Several of us are having the same issue. I spoke with Darkmon and his inventory keeps getting reverted, as was Yami's. I myself lost a few sections of a structure, but nowhere near DeathsVisage's 5+ hours of work. Sheesh man, I'm sorry.

Every time the World Save comes up it's instantly done, like nothing ever happened. This provides me a reason to go out and find a life, BUT PLEASE NO! I don't want a life just yet, and hope that this saving issue gets resolved quickly.
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

Thats weird.. Hmmz anyone googled it?
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
rbos

Post by rbos »

This was the result of the server running out of inodes on the filesystem it runs on. Basically it couldn't create new files: couldn't save new chunks, couldn't save configuration files, etc.

Sorry 'bout that. :( Not something I could have easily foreseen.
DeathsVisage

Post by DeathsVisage »

It is all good. Just sucked a bit.
But at least it is fixed now.
It is fixed right?

ha ha j/k I know you got it.

Just hope I get better now. Think I got food poisoning and have been worshiping the porcelain Throne all day.

Build on everyone!