Trouoble getting onto mc.novylen.net

General minecraft-related chat.
IronManiac77

Trouoble getting onto mc.novylen.net

Post by IronManiac77 »

Hey everyone

I was playing Minecraft last night, as a few of you are probably aware. I was running around, trying to find a good place to dig when I found a large hole of unloaded chunks. Nothing new but I do what I usually do; I circled the hole and looked down to see if I could find any caverns to dig into. Well, I guess I didn't hold sneak hard enough because I fell into the hole. Usually when this happens, if begins glitching and I keep starting to fall at the top of the hole. This time, I fell all the way in and into nothingness. Then I disconnected with the words "Timed Out"

The real problem here is now it won't let me back into the server. I've tried over and over again and it keeps saying that the Connection took to long and it timed out.

I don't know what to do and I'm sad because it's my birthday and I wanted to play Minecraft! Any ideas? :(
MrEpiclegendzz

Re: Trouoble getting onto mc.novylen.net

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

IronManiac77 wrote:Hey everyone

I was playing Minecraft last night, as a few of you are probably aware. I was running around, trying to find a good place to dig when I found a large hole of unloaded chunks. Nothing new but I do what I usually do; I circled the hole and looked down to see if I could find any caverns to dig into. Well, I guess I didn't hold sneak hard enough because I fell into the hole. Usually when this happens, if begins glitching and I keep starting to fall at the top of the hole. This time, I fell all the way in and into nothingness. Then I disconnected with the words "Timed Out"

The real problem here is now it won't let me back into the server. I've tried over and over again and it keeps saying that the Connection took to long and it timed out.

I don't know what to do and I'm sad because it's my birthday and I wanted to play Minecraft! Any ideas? :(
I cant get in either so:l it isnt only u!
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
nwalton

Post by nwalton »

From what i've seen its nothing rbos can fix. Although there is one way but I doubt rbos would do it as it poses a risk to the server. The problem I have noticed is that the minecraft.net servers are having problems. If you also notice it is hard to log in most of the time and you get the message saying can't connect to minecraft.net. With the servers rbos has online mode on which means the server will check with minecraft.net for authentication and when there is no minecraft.net to connect to it will time out. Hopefully it will be fixed in a few days. Hopefully in a few hours.

After reading notch's blog they are moving the minecraft.net servers so that is likely the reason. Hopefully it will be better after they get them moved over.
IronManiac77

Post by IronManiac77 »

Well, I guess what confuses me is that I can log onto the novylen.net server.

I'm just worried I won't ever be able to get onto the minecraft.novylen.net server. Because that's where all my stuff is. And all my friends.

Major bummer, dude.
nwalton

Post by nwalton »

Ya i've noticed that. Thats why i'm not 100% sure that is the problem. It might be bukkit causing this but i'm not sure the novylen.net server has bukkit or not
genesis24

Post by genesis24 »

Same here i cant connect anymore :(
i understand you iron, all my bud are here to its the only server i play on :P
Genesis24
aka Gen :P
DarkChowder

Post by DarkChowder »

I want to tear apart Nwaltons house and move it 10 tiles over to confuse him but I can't because the servers down. >:
nwalton

Post by nwalton »

Thanks dark. And it was up for about an hour. You guys seemed to have missed it. The server crashed since who knows when and rbos was busy and could not restart it. It seems to be down again though.
rbos

Post by rbos »

Between Bukkit bugs, minecraft.net being down (see notch's blog) and plain old server crashes, things have been a little rough.

The good news is that I'm working on importing Cuboid settings into WorldGuard, so I hope to have the map up tonight or tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.