Creative Server

Stuff I could do better as an admin. Be specific, include links to instructions if possible.

Should the RPG server be transformed into a Creative Server?

Yes.
33%
No.
56%
No Opinion.
11%

Total votes: 9

Nozstik

Creative Server

Post by Nozstik »

Wanted to throw this out there. I've recently been checking on the novylen.net server, taking note of population, and it seems to me that hardly anyone plays on the RPG server.

So I was curious to know if Rbos would ever consider making it a Creative Server, and if the people of novylen would want something like this?

The benefits I see to a creative server is pretty much a more effective way for people who can only devote a short amount of time to mc to build big projects of what they want without going through the tedious task of collecting all the material (mc.novylen.net). I'm finding myself in this position now because college work is taking up most of my time, and jumping on the survival server for the few minutes i have to gather material is taking away valuable building time.

So, to the denizens of novylen. Would you play on a creative server if it were available? In my opinion, a creative server would attract a lot more people than the RPG server currently has.
Say something incredibly humorous, and you too can be in my -
Favorite Quotes!:
<Kitteh53>: what the that sponge haz no legs!
<Kitteh53>:tann that shark just swooped by and stabbed me!
<Kitteh53>: you are afishally awesome now that you have diamond pick
Epsilon

Re: Creative Server

Post by Epsilon »

I don't see the purpose of shaping a server to encompass your schedule, other people play the RPG server and would like it to stay that way. So no.
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

I also say no, there are people who play on survival!!
And survival doesn't take a lot of Rbos his time. Creative does!( I think):P
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
Nozstik

Post by Nozstik »

Well of course there are people who play on the RPG server. This is merely a suggestion (as the title of the thread implies). The survival server has become similar to the RPG server since the update; in the sense that there is no more runecraft: so no more mass material gathering. Although a big difference is that the RPG server provides a fresh start every now and then, the survival server does not. Having a server that is the exact opposite (creative) in my opinion would be very interesting and very fun. It would give users the chance to flex their creativity and create huge, expansive projects.
Epsilon wrote:I don't see the purpose of shaping a server to encompass your schedule, other people play the RPG server and would like it to stay that way. So no.
Again, this is merely a suggestion and idea. This isn't my outcry to rbos that he should shape the server to fit my schedule, even though that's all you seemed to have gathered from my post. And using that as the basis of your argument really doesn't provide an adequate reason as to why the RPG server should stay as it is (or why you play it for that matter; unless its just to spite me...which is ridiculous). Maybe by offering some better examples, I'd be more akin to listen and try to understand what exactly it is that the RPG server brings to the table, that the survival server does not.
Favorite Quotes!:
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

So I have to prove my opinion? Cool...
A suggestion is a suggestion, don't make one if you don't want detractors.
Nozstik

Post by Nozstik »

Detractors with no basis of an argument. But yes, I get it. You say "no". That's fine.
Favorite Quotes!: